Height: 6’3″ Age: 49 Years Hometown: Dubai
|Other name||Anil Menon Adithya Menon – Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 191 cm
in meters– 1.91 m
in feet & inches– 6’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 90 kg
in pounds– 187 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 35 Inches
– Biceps: 16 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film (Tamil; as a supporting actor): Anjaneya (2003) as Siva
Film (Malayalam; as a supporting actor): Vamanapuram Bus Route (2004) as Karipidi Gopi
Film (Telugu; as a supporting actor): Billa (2009) as Aditya
Film (Kannada; as a supporting actor): Shivajinagara (2014) as a police officer
Film (Hindi; in a lead role): Main Hoon (Part-Time) Killer (2015) as Rajinikanth
TV (Kannada): Musanje Katha Prasanga on ETV Kannada
|Date of Birth||6 April 1974|
|Age (as of 2023)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|School||Our Own English High School in Dubai (1978-1992)|
|College/University||M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Civil Engineering Adithya (Anil) Menon – LinkedIn|
|Religion/Religious Views||Adithya Menon describes himself as an atheist. iDream Telugu Movies – YouTube|
|Hobbies||Cooking, travelling, dancing, singing, playing different musical instruments|
|Controversy||• Attracted controversy for film’s title
In 2015, before the release of Adithya’s Bollywood debut film, Main Hoon Part-Time Killer, it garnered controversy for its original title “Main Hoon Rajinikanth.” The film was planned to be released in 2014, but Indian actor Rajinikanth filed a civil suit in the Madras High Court against the film’s production house, Varsha Productions requesting to cease the release and screening of the film. Rajinikanth alleged that the film had unofficially used his style of delivering dialogue and his name in the title, pictures, and caricature, without his consent. He claimed that the makers of the film allegedly promoted their film as his biopic, which might displease his fans and would consequently disgrace his image. However, Faisal Saif, the film’s director denied the allegations made against the film and claimed that the film was made as a tribute to Rajinikanth, and it didn’t possess any kind of image, caricature, or personality traits of him. To prove the allegations baseless, Faizal arranged a special screening of the film for Rajinikanth and his daughter, Soundarya Rajinikanth, on 27 September 2014 at the AVM Preview Theatre in Chennai. On 16 January 2015, the court issued a stay order to halt the release of the film on the basis that the film hampered the right to privacy of Rajinikanth. The final verdict was announced on 3 February 2015 in favour of Rajinikanth, which ordered the makers of the film to remove his name Rajinikanth from the film’s title and any kind of picture, dialogue, or personality attributes from the film. Consequently, the film’s title was changed from “Main Hoon Rajinikanth” to “Main Hoon (Part-Time) Killer” and was released on 22 May 2015 across North India by Dimension Pictures. However, the film was not released in South India to avoid any unwanted legal dispute. In an interview, Adithya talked about the film and stated that the film had nothing objectionable related to Rajinikanth and said,
Our film is a tribute to the ‘thalaivar’ (Rajinikanth). It’s a comedy satire that will leave audiences in splits. Nobody would dare to show Rajini sir in bad light through a film. How could we possibly do it. Besides the name, there’s nothing in our film that defames Rajini sir. I’m sure when people watch the film, they’ll realize it’s a clean comedy entertainer. I hope we get to release our film smoothly. We have completed shooting. My director and producer will take a final call on this matter.” Deccan Herald
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not known|
|Children||Daughter– Name not known
|Parents||Father– Csk Menon
Mother– Suseela Menon
|Siblings||Brother– Kamal Menon|
|Music Genre(s)||Jazz, Hip Hop, Hindi Remixes, Dance, Retro|
|Book(s)||Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind by Sandra Blakeslee and Vilayanur S. Ramachandran, Games People Play by Eric Berne|
|Quote||“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity”|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Adithya Menon
- Adithya Menon is an Indian actor, who predominantly appears in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam films. He is well known for appearing as an antagonist in films. In August 2022, he received positive acclaim for his performance in the Telugu film Karthikeya 2 as Santanu.
- When Adithya was young, his parents migrated to Al Satwa in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and he spent his childhood in Dubai. The Times of India
A childhood picture of Adithya Menon with his parents
- Adithya Menon belongs to a Malayali family, hailing from Palghat in Kerala.
- During his college days, Adithya worked as a radio host with Radio Midday. Apart from studies, he actively participated in and hosted various college functions and events. In 1996, after completing his graduation, Adithya worked as an event manager and compere and hosted several ceremonies, stage shows, conferences, launch events, and fashion shows in Bangalore.
- Apart from hosting, Adithya was also inclined towards acting, and subsequently, he started participating in theatrical productions and stage shows in Bangalore. In 2001, he shifted to Royapettah in Chennai from Bangalore to explore more acting opportunities. In an interview, on being asked about how he transformed himself from a host to an actor, Adithya replied
Acting is something I’ve always wanted to do. There’s a sense of satisfaction at being able to make a living by doing what I enjoy.” The Hindu
- Adithya appeared in the Kannada television show Soorya Shikari on ETV Kannada. Later, he appeared in the Tamil TV shows Thanthira Bhoomi (2001) on Sun TV and Anni (2003) on Jaya TV.
Poster of the Tamil television show Anni on Jaya TV
- Some of Adithya’s well-known Tamil films are Jay Jay (2003) as Sivaram, Arinthum Ariyamalum (2005) as ACP Thiyagarajan, and Billa (2007) as Anil Menon.
- In January 2013, Adithya became the founder and CEO of a privately owned company, Sustainable Solutions International, LLC, which evolves technologies to improve and enhance biomass energy and organic waste management. Adithya (Anil) Menon – LinkedIn
- Some of Adithya’s notable Telugu films are Mirchi (2013) as Babai, Bluff Master (2018) as Pasupathi, and Karthikeya 2 (2022) as Santanu.
Adithya Menon as Santanu in a still from the Telugu film Karthikeya 2 (2022)
- Adithya is well-versed in various languages like Hindi, English, Russian, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Arabic. Adithya (Anil) Menon – LinkedIn
- Adithya enjoys consuming alcoholic beverages and smoking cigarettes on different occasions with friends.
Adithya Menon holding a glass of whiskey
Adithya Menon’s Instagram post about his smoking habit
- Adithya is not a trained singer, but he is fond of singing and often shares his videos on social media platforms.
- Though Adithya hadn’t received any kind of professional training in singing yet he had a special interest in it, and he often posts his videos on various social media handles. Adithya Menon – Instagram
- Adithya worked as a dubbing artist for Suniel Shetty‘s character, Hariharan Hari Chopra, in the Tamil film Darbar (2020), starring Rajinikanth.
- During the shoot of the Telugu film Hari Hara Veera Mallu in March 2021, Adithya met with an accident after he lost his balance and fell while riding a horse to shoot for an action sequence. He was rushed to the hospital, where he got 15 stitches in the left leg. In an interview, Adithya talked about how he dealt with the accident and said,
It was a bad mishap; I was in extreme pain and I was immediately rushed to my caravan for first aid. I got a few bruises and sharp cuts on the inner left thigh. I got up on my own though I was bleeding. It was not anyone’s fault; these things sometimes happen. It shows that while working with animals, there’s always a danger.” Deccan Chronicle
|↑1||Adithya Menon – Facebook|
|↑2||Adithya (Anil) Menon – LinkedIn|
|↑3||iDream Telugu Movies – YouTube|
|↑5||The Times of India|
|↑7, ↑8||Adithya (Anil) Menon – LinkedIn|
|↑9||Adithya Menon – Instagram|