Education: College Dropout
Age: 25 Years
Net Worth: $1 Billion
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• January 2012: he stood 5th in the USA Mathematical Talent Search
• January 2014: selected among the top 20 physics students for the USA Physics Team.
• May 2022: he became the youngest self-made billionaire with a net worth of $1 Billion.
|Date of Birth||January 1997|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||New Mexico, US|
|School||Los Alamos High School, New Mexico|
|College/University||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Educational Qualification||College dropout|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Physicists who worked on US military weapons.
Mother– Physicists who worked on US military weapons.
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1 Billion Forbes|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alexandr Wang
- Alexandr Wang is a young businessman who became the new youngest self-made billionaire in the world with a net worth of $1 Billion. He did this through the company that he founded at the age of 19 years.
- Alexandr loved coding and maths from a young age and participated in various related competitions during his school days.
Alexandr Wang in his school days
- He began his career when he was a student and began working at Addepar as a software engineer in 2014. He worked here only for a few months and then joined Quora in the same year. He worked at Quora as a Tech Lead and as the Speed LEad/DRI, he was responsible for all initiatives, speed projects, and meeting goals as a part of the infrastructure team at Quora. LinkedIn
- In 2016, he left Quora to join Hudson River Trading, and here he began working as an Algorithm developer. He worked here for a few months and left it to work on his own business project. He also dropped out of school for this project. In a Forbes interview, he spoke about what he told his parents when he started off with his business and said,
I told my parents it was just going to be a thing I did for the summer. Obviously, I never went back to school.’ Forbes
- In June 2016, he founded Scale AI with Lucy Guo, and on 22 August 2016, his company raised a seed funding of $120,000. The company kept on growing in terms of customers and revenue. In 2018, Scale AI made it to the 30 under 30 Forbes Enterprise list. Forbes
- With a total of 7 rounds of funding, the company raised $602.6 Million combinedly from various investors including Tiger Global Management, Accel, Index Ventures, etc. Their last round of funding was conducted on 22 August 2022 and as of May 2022, Scale AI gained a valuation of $7.3 Billion. Crunchbase
Alexandr Wang with team members at Scale AI office
- His company acquired a German company named SiaSearch from the Intelligent Data Solutions space on 3rd November 2021.
- As of 2022, his company Scale AI has over 300 companies as its clients including leading names such as Flexport and General Motors. It also has three contracts to assist US Airforce and Army with AI employment and these contracts are worth about $110 Million. Alexandr spoke about Scale AI’s success in an interview with Forbes and said,
Our goal is to help them unlock the potential of the data and supercharge their businesses with AI.’ Forbes
|↑1, ↑3, ↑6||Forbes|