Hometown: Yamunanagar, Haryana Religion: Non-religious Wife: Nandi George
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Eye Colour||Moss Green|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film: Kabhi Paas Kabhi Fail (1999) as a taxi driver at a Dhaba
TV: Yug (1996)
|Date of Birth||20 August|
Note: Although Anil was born into a Christian family Join Film- YouTube, in an interview, he revealed that he doesn’t follow any particular religion but believes that god exists. Kuldeep Kushwaha-YouTube
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2 November|
|Children||Son– Neil George (born in 2004)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anil George
- Anil George is an Indian actor who is famous for playing the role of Lala in the popular Hindi-language crime-thriller web series Mirzapur (2018-2020). He is also known for appearing in the Bollywood film Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019) and Hindi-language web series Avrodh: The Siege Within (2020) and Cartel (2021).
- Growing up in a Christian family in Yamunanagar, Anil caught the acting bug during childhood when he used to perform various skits and dramas based on the stories of the Bible. In an interview, he revealed that once his elder brother gave him a 100 rupee note for his remarkable performance in a play. Such instances and immense appreciation from the audience fueled his passion for acting.
- Sometimes, while attending church during his teenage, he would sneak out with a friend and travel to Saharanpur to watch movies as cinema halls in Saharanpur used to put up films earlier than in Yamunanagar. A cinephile, Anil decided to become an actor.
- He started his acting journey as a theatre artist in Dehli.
- It was Indian actor Tom Alter who called Anil to Mumbai and introduced him to Bollywood. Anil and Tom had known each other from the days when Tom worked as a teacher at St. Thomas School in Jagadhri, Haryana. They first made acquaintance when Anil was 8 or 9 years old. Eversince then, Anil and Tom had shared the stage and screen on numerous occasions.
Tom Alter, playing the role of Mahatma Gandhi, with Anil George in a play staged film festival at Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune
- After moving to Mumbai, he embarked on his acting with the patriotic TV show called Yug (1996), which starred Hema Malini and Pankaj Dheer. In the show, a group of Indian youngers work towards freeing their motherland from the tyrannical rule of the British.
- From 2001 to 2002, he appeared in various episodes of Star Plus’ horror TV show ‘Ssshhhh… Koi Hai’ including Woh Kaun Thi (2001) as Tantrik of Dev Singh, Doosri Dulhan (2001) as Rajasaab’s servant, and Padosi (2002) as Murderer Ranga.
- He came into the spotlight with the critically acclaimed film Miss Lovely (2012) in which he played Vicky Duggal. Set in the mid-1980s, the film showcased the criminal depths of Mumbai’s C-grade industry in which the Duggal brothers, Sonu (played by Nawazuddin Siddiqui) and Vicky, produce sleazy sex-horror films.
- Other notable films under his belt include The Blue Umbrella (2005) as a barber, Mardaani (2014) as Lawyer aka Vakeel Sahab, Do Lafzon Ki Kahani (2016) as Srikant, and Babumoshai Bandookbaaz (2017) as Dubey.
- He rose to prominence in 2018 when he appeared in Amazon Prime’s action crime thriller web series Mirzapur in which he played Lala. The series centres around Kaleen Bhaiya (played by Pankaj Tripathi), who is the mafia don of Mirzapur situated in the Purvanchal region of Uttar Pradesh. In the show, Lala is a wealthy maker and seller of opium, who provides election funds to Kaleen Bhaiya when J.P. Yadav demands it.
Anil George as Lala in Mirzapur
- In the 2019 film Uri: The Surgical Strike, Anil played the role of Zameer, a Pakistani minister who is drugged and interrogated by Indian spies for extracting crucial information.
Anil George as Zameer in Uri The Surgical Strike (2019)
- In the same year, he starred in the films Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Romeo Akbar Walter, War, and Commando 3.
- He gained popularity for starring in the military drama series Avrodh: The Siege Within (2020) as the lead antagonist Abu Hafeez, the mastermind of the Uri attack; the show streamed on SonyLIV.
- He played the role of Khan, in the action-drama web series Cartel (2021) on AltBalaji. The action-drama series, followed Khan, Anna, Angre, Gajraj and a mysterious movie producer, five gang-lords of Mumbai, who operate in different parts of the city under the Iron lady Rani Maai (played by Supriya Pathak).
Anil George (second from right) as Khan in Cartel (2021)
- In 2022, he was shooting for the multi-language South film Agent in which he played Qazi, a resident of Pakistan.
- Sporting long locks and a grey beard, Anil emerged as a famous antagonist in the Indian entertainment industry. Although his trademark look fetched him prominent roles as a terrorist, mafia, and ISI chief in various films and TV series, it also prevented him from getting other roles. While talking about the same in an interview in 2022, he said,
It’s a Catch-22 situation for me. Due to continuity of projects, I am getting trapped in sporting this beard and long lock looks. Makers want me in such looks and audience too loves it but I want to experiment! I am all game to give up on my beard to show my different side. Due to this look, I had to forgo an Abbas-Mastan film.”
- Anil George occasionally enjoys alcoholic beverages.
Anil George enjoying a glass of beer
|↑1||Join Film- YouTube|