Mother: Bharati Jaffery Husband: Kanwaljit Singh Age: 61 Years
|Known for||Being the maternal granddaughter of Hindi actor Ashok Kumar and grandniece of Kishore Kumar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 167 cm
in meters– 1.67 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film: Love in Goa (1983)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1987: Nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for Ijaazat
2018: Earned Perfect Achievers Award For “Best Personality Development” Classes by Gurubhai Thakkar, the organizer
|Date of Birth||30 August 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||61 Years|
|College/University||Niramala Niketan College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Interior Designing from Niramala Niketan College, Mumbai|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1988|
|Husband/Spouse||Kanwaljit Singh (actor)|
• Sidharth (musician)
• Aditya (painter)
God Daughter– Mariam Singh Barakzoy
|Parents||Father– Dr Veerendra Patel (orthodentist)
Mother– Bharati Jaffery (actress)
Maternal Grandfather– Ashok Kumar (actor)
• Rahul Patel (fashion photographer)
• Saahil Jaffery (actor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anuradha Patel
- Anuradha Patel is an Indian actress. She is known for her work in the films Utsav (1984), Phir Aayee Barsaat (1986), Dharam Adhikari (1986), Sadaa Suhaagan (1986), Ijaazat (1987), and Rukhsat (1988). She is the maternal granddaughter of veteran Hindi film actor Ashok Kumar. Her husband, Kanwaljit Singh, is a famous Indian actor. Her mother, Bharati Jaffery, was a noted Indian actress.
Anuradha Patel with her husband, maternal grandfather, and sons
- In 1983, Anuradha Patel made her acting debut with the Bollywood film Love in Goa in which she was paired with Indian actor Mayur Verma. Later, she appeared in many Hindi superhits such as Utsav in 1984, Phir Aayee Barsat in 1985, Dharm Adhikari and Sadaa Suhagan in 1986, Ijaazat in 1987, and Rukhsat in 1988. In the film Utsav, she worked with the Indian actors Rekha, Shashi Kapoor, and Sekhar Suman and was picturised in its famous song “Mann Kyon Behka Re Behka.”
Anuradha Patel (standing) in a still from the song Mann Kyu Behka Re Bekhka
- In 1983, it was rumoured in the media that Anuradha Patel was engaged to Indian actor Mayur Verma. Once, her name was in news with actor Marc Zuber.
- According to Anuradha Patel, the Indian costume designer Rufina (Renu) Baptista had some misunderstandings with her, and they befriended each other when they were working together for the shelved movie Amber. Later, it was in the news that Rufina was in a relationship with Marc Zuber.
- In the 1980s, the popular television serial Chandrakanta was first planned to be picturised with Anuradha Patel as the lead actress. The other actors who were signed for the film were Kamran Rizvi, Dilip Dhawan, Neelam Mehra, and Satish Kaushik.
- In 1985, Anuradha Patel appeared in the television serial Chhapte Chhapte. She then worked in Katha Sagar in 1986 and Mrs Mukhamantri in 2019.
Anuradha Patel in a still from the serial Chhapte Chhapte
- In 1985, Anuradha Patel worked in the shelved film Sarkar along with the Indian actors Kamran Rizvi and Vickey Khan. The film was directed by Meraj, an assistant of the Indian musician and poet Gulzar.
- In 1987, Anuradha Patel established an academy named Dynamic Finishing Academy, which aims at Personality Development, Public Speaking, Grooming, and Confidence Building.
- After 1989, Anuradha Patel started appearing in many television shows and commercials as she did not get any lead roles in Hindi films. In the early 1990s, she took a break from her film career to look after her family and sons; however, she continued to work as a model.
- Apart from acting in Hindi films, Anuradha Patel frequently appears in many television commercials and advertisements for renowned brands such as Samsung, Aashirwad Atta, Milton, and PC Chandra jewellers.
Anuradha Patel in the advertisement of Aashirvad Aata
- Once, Anuradha Patel appeared in a toothpaste advertisement with her maternal grandfather, Ashok Kumar.
Anuradha Patel with her late maternal grandfather Ashok Kumar in an old advertisement
- In 1994, Anuradha Patel worked in the Marathi film Manvini Bhavai. In 1989, she gave a special performance in the Marathi film Eina Mina Dika.
- Anuradha Patel made her television debut with the serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi opposite Jeetendra in 2000 with a brief appearance. In 2004, she made a brief appearance in the television serial Dekho Magar Pyaar Se, which was telecasted on Star Plus.
- After a decade, in 2008, Anuradha Patel appeared in the film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na starring Genelia D’ Souza and Imran Khan in the lead roles. She then worked in the film Khaap with Om Puri in 2011. In the same year, she appeared in the Hindi film Ready (2011). Anuradha Patel was cast in the films Dus Kahaniyan in 2007, Aisha and It’s My Life in 2010, Rabba Mai Kya Karun in 2013, and Dhantya Open in 2017.
Anuradha Patel (right) dancing in a still from the film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na
- In 2009, Anuradha Patel and her husband, Kanwaljit Singh, announced the name of Mariam Barakzoy as an additional member of their family. In a media conversation with a media house, Kanwaljit Singh stated that they had a daughter named Mariam whom they had not adopted legally. He said,
We have a daughter Mariam Barakzoy who now calls herself Mariam Singh Barakzoy.”
In the same conversation, he stated that whatever he had in his life equally belonged to Mariam. He said,
Today, I have three children. Everything that I have belongs to Mariam as well. Mariam, Siddharth, Aditya and I bond very well. Life is all about attachment.”
According to Anuradha and Kanwaljit Singh, Mariam was eight years old when she shifted from Afghanistan to America. At Delhi airport, Mariam met Kanwaljit Singh at a guest house. However, they lost contact with each other after this meeting. After four years, Mariam searched and contacted Kanwaljit Singh through an email. he remembered,
I don’t know how Mariam got my e-mail id and wrote to me that she regarded me as her dad. Actually, she had a stepfather who didn’t treat her too well.”
Reportedly, Anuradha and Kanwaljit Singh looked after the needs of Mariam since she called Kanwaljit her father. However, Kanwaljit once clarified in a media interview that Mariam was an independent girl who works in Santiago in the United States and often visited Mumbai.
Anuradha Patel’s sons and daughter, Mariam (middle)
- Anuradha Patel is the step-sister of Genevieve Jaffrey, the mother of Indian actress Kiara Advani. Once, on several social media platforms, her pictures got viral along with Kiara Advani. In the pictures, the facial features of Anuradha Patel looked exactly similar to Kiara Advani.
Anuradha Patel and Kiara Advani
- According to some media sources, soon after the birth of Anuradha Patel, her mother, Bharati Jaffery separated from Anuradha’s father, Veerendra Patel. She is the stepdaughter of Hameed Jaffery, the brother of late veteran Indian actor Saeed Jaffery.
- In 2021, Anuradha Patel, along with her husband, Kanwaljit Singh, appeared in the Amazon fashion advertisement.