Father: Dhirubhai Ambani
Husband: Dattaraj Salgaocar
Age: 60 Years
|Known for||Being the younger daughter of Dhirubhai Ambani, the founder of Reliance Group|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||23 January 1962 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||60 Years|
|College/University||V.M. Salgaocar College of Law|
|Educational Qualification||Studied Law at V.M. Salgaocar College of Law Style Magazine|
|Address||Hira Vihar Mansion, Goa|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1978|
Son– Vikram Salgaocar
Daughter– Isheta Salgaocar
Father– Dhirubhai Ambani
Mother– Kokilaben Ambani
Sister– Nina Kothari
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepti Salgaocar
- Deepti Salgaocar is an Indian businesswoman. She is best known for being the daughter of Dhirubhai Ambani, and the sister of Indian business tycoons Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani. In May 2022, Deepti Salgaocar came into the limelight when her daughter, Isheta Salgaocar got married for the second time to the Indian business tycoon Vinod Mittal’s son, Atulya Mittal.
Deepti Salgaocar with her husband and daughter
- Dattaraj Salgaocar, the husband of Deepti Salgaocar belongs to a Saraswat Brahmin community of Saligao in North Goa. Soon after completing his school studies, he earned a Bachelor’s degree in Production Engineering from V.J.T.I, Bombay University, and later, Dattaraj Salgaocar went to Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, to attain an MBA degree in Finance. He is the owner of the Salgaocar Group of Companies, which includes power generation, hoteling, and mining. Goa’s famous football club, ‘Salgaocar’ is also owned by Dattaraj Salgaocar. Dattaraj Salgaocar is the director of the Smart Link Networks System.
- In 1984, the father of Dattaraj Salgaocar passed away. Thereafter, he was guided like a father by Dhirubhai Ambani, who lived in the same building named ‘Usha Kiran’ in Mumbai. Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani too became close friends of Dattaraj in their childhood.
- After their marriage in 1978, Deepti and her husband, Dattaraj Salgaocar, moved to Goa from Mumbai. The couple has two children. Their daughter, Isheta Salgaocar got married to Neeshal Modi in 2016. Neeshal Modi is the younger brother of Nirav Modi, the accused in the PNB fraud case.
Isheta Salgaocar with her first husband, Neeshal Modi in 2016
- Deepti started working in her husband’s business after their marriage. The Sunparanta Goa Centre for the arts, a non-profit organisation, was established by Deepti and her husband in Goa. Later, she was appointed as the Vice-Chairperson of a non-profit education-based arts organisation in Goa.
- Deepti and her husband have a house near the beach in Dona Paula.
- Deepti adores cooking food in her free time. She likes to cook Gujarati, Lebanese, Saraswat, and Italian cuisine.
- The Ambani and Salgaocar families were close to each other, and would often visit one another’s houses. Deepti and Dattaraj fell in love with each other during this time. They were in five years relationship before getting married to each other in 1978. In an interview with a media house, Dattaraj Salgaocar stated that his marriage with Deepti was not the amalgamation of two big business families. He stated,
Actually, it wasn’t, because we had a love marriage. I was in Mumbai to study, and lived at Usha Kiran building where the Ambanis also lived. Mukesh and I are the same age and we were good friends. So was Anil, who is two years younger than us. I met Dipti, we fell in love and told our families, who agreed immediately. It was the first wedding in her family, but the last wedding in mine, because I am the youngest of seven children.”
She further remembered the days when she got married to Dattaraj and shifted to Goa. She said,
When I got married in 1983, there was nothing in Goa, and I remember cribbing to my dad about it. And he would say to just do whatever it takes to change it. At that time, we had nothing here, so he installed a huge satellite dish because we had to watch CNN. He gifted me a fax machine and he used to send me faxes every day. Even for my kids, ever since they were two years old, my father would communicate with them via fax. And those were the days when there were no fax machines in Goa at all.”
- In her leisure time, Deepti Salgaocar likes reading books, gardening, and cooking food.