Religion: Islam Age: 43 Years Wife: Shibli Anwer
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Debut||Film: Firaaq (2008)
TV: Karamchand Season 2 (2006) (as writer)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||For Filmistaan
Best Actor in a Supporting Role at “Big Life OK Now Awards”
Best Actor Award at the 8th Annual DCSAFF (Washington DC South Asian Film Festival 2018)
In 2022, Inaamulhaq won the “Iconic Achievers Award” for the Most Promising Actor of the Year
|Date of Birth||14 November 1979, (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||National School of Drama, New Delhi|
|Controversies||Harassed by housing society management
In 2017, Inaamulhaq filed a complaint against a housing society in Mumbai for harassing his family by not allowing him to take a house on rent. The actor claimed that he was not allowed to meet the committee members, and the management of the society not citing a valid reason not to give him a house on rent. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
“For five Sundays, they kept me waiting, citing different reasons. First, they told me I should prove I am a married by bringing my wife and son, who are out of Mumbai for the summer holidays. But even when they returned, the society refused to give us an appointment.” The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
|Actor||Manoj Bajpayee, Irrfan Khan, and Kumud Mishra|
|Film||Rang De Basanti, 3 Idiots|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Inaamulhaq
- Inaamulhaq is an Indian actor and screenwriter.
- He performed on stage for the first time at the age of twelve.
- Inaamulhaq joined the Indian People’s Theatre Association in Saharanpur when he was in school.
- He graduated with a specialization in acting at the National School of Drama, New Delhi.
- While pursuing his graduation at the National School of Drama he was a junior to the Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- In the initial days of his career, Inaamulhaq used to perform theatre plays. He has performed numerous plays, and some of his most notable performances include – Madhavye (Vidushak) in the play “Abhijnanashakuntalam” (also known as “The Recognition of Shakuntala”) written by Kalidasa, Batasu in the play “Acchhe Aadmi,” written by Phanishwar Nath Mandal ‘Renu’, Edgar in the play “King Lear,” written by William Shakespeare, Dr Ghatak in the play “Arey Shareef Log,” written Jaywant Dalvi, and Ivan Kaliayev in the play “The Just Assassins,” written by Alber Camus.
Inaamulhaq as Madhavye (Vidushak) in the play ‘Abhijnanashakuntalam’
- After making his debut as a writer by writing for the second season of the Cult Indian detective TV series “Karamchand” in 2006, Inaamulhaq wrote for many TV programs including the popular stand-up comedy show “Comedy Circus,” “Chhote Ustaad-2” (2010), and “Goldie Ahuja Matric Pass” (2015).
- He has also written the dialogue for the film “Bbuddah… Hoga Terra Baap,” starring Amitabh Bachchan. He also worked as an additional dialogue writer for the web series “Screwed Up” (2018).
- After making his Bollywood debut as a supporting actor in the film “Firaaq,” he acted in various popular films including “Filmistaan” (2012), “Airlift” (2016), “Jolly LLB 2” (2017), “Pagalpanti” (2019), “Mere Desh Ki Dharti” (2022), and many more.
Poster of the film ‘Filmistaan’ (2012)
- Inaamulhaq was seen as the lead actor in the film “Nakkash” (2019) in the role of Allah Rakha Siddiqui. The first look of the poster of the film was revealed at the India Pavillion of the Cannes Film Festival 2018.
Inaamulhaq (centre) in the poster of the film ‘Nakkash’
- In an interview, Inaamulhaq said that he rejected many films to avoid playing stereotypical roles.
- He made his directorial debut with the short film “Parchhaiyaan” in 2014, which was based on an anti-war poem, written by renowned poet Sahir Ludhianvi. His short film “The Search” (2005) got nominated for the “Best Film Award” in the competition category at Berlin Asia-Pacific Film Festival 2006, Germany.
- According to Inaamulhaq, cinema should be used in a very careful way as it plays an important role in influencing the audience. He believes that apart from entertainment, artists should also make meaningful films. While talking about this in an interview, he said,
I feel stars should use their power to do more meaningful (films), other than doing entertainment stuff because cinema does influence people and we must use it carefully. There is need for quality cinema. We should make films that audience remembers for years.” Deccan Herald
- Inaamulhaq together with Sharib Hashmi stood on the road for promoting their film “Nakkash.” According to Inaamulhaq, they didn’t have enough budget to arrange hoardings for the promotion of their film, therefore, they prefer to promote their film by carrying the placards.
Inaamulhaq standing on the road along with his co-star Sharib Hashmi, holding the hoardings, promoting their film ‘Nakkash’
- In 2017, the actor celebrated his birthday by visiting a school for specially-abled children in Varanasi, while shooting for a film there. In the celebrations for Children’s Day, the screening of his film “Airlift” was conducted. While sharing his birthday experience in an interview, Inaamulhaq said,
I was called to motivate them but the joy and motivation that I got from these kids in return is much more than I could ever get from anyone else. My film ‘Airlift’ was screened for them and they all thoroughly enjoyed themselves.” The Times of India
|↑1||The Times of India|
|↑3||The Times of India|