Hometown: Lahore Cantonment, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan Age: 50 Years Husband: Waqas Khan
|Other name||Kashmala Khan Kashmala Khan – Instagram|
|Known for||Being the first Pakistani Parliamentarian who was elected as Chairperson of the Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP) in 2007|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Medium Golden Brown|
|Political Party||Pakistan Muslim League (Q) (PML-Q)|
|Political Journey||• Joined the Pakistan Muslim League (Q) (PML-Q) party (2002)
• Contested and won the 2002 Pakistani general elections and was elected to the National Assembly of Pakistan on a reserved seat for women from Punjab
• Re-elected to the National Assembly of Pakistan on a reserved seat for women from Punjab in the 2008 Pakistani general elections
|Date of Birth||24 January 1972 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Lahore Cantonment, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Hometown||Lahore Cantonment, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|School||Govt. Queen Mary Graduate College, Lahore Kashmala Khan – Facebook|
|College/University||• Kinnaird College, Lahore
• University Law College, University of the Punjab, Lahore
• London School of Economics and Political Science, London, England
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Arts (1991-1994)
• Bachelor of Law (1995-1998)
• Master of Law (1999) Kashmala Tariq – LinkedIn
|Address||C-4 Officers Colony, Zarrar Shaheed Road, Lahore Cantt., Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Controversies||• Expelled from Pakistan Muslim League (Q) (PML-Q) party
In the 2008 Pakistani general elections, Kashmala became a member of the National Assembly of Pakistan as a candidate of the Pakistan Muslim League (Q) (PML-Q) party from the reserved seat for women. The party expelled her and revoked her membership in July 2008 after she was found associated with various activities, which violated the party’s mutual interest, discipline, and integrity. She was accused of opposing the decisions of the party leaders and deliberately creating differences of opinion with them. Business Recorder In an interview, Kashmala expressed her resentment over not officially informing her once before coming up with the decision to expel her from the party and said,
One fine day, when I was relaxing at home, I was suddenly inundated with calls from journalists wanting to know my views on my expulsion from the PML-Q parliamentary party. I told them it was news to me as well. I rang up the Muslim League House. They confirmed the news and informed me that I would be receiving the notice soon. I questioned them as to how the media had got the news before me and I was informed that Tariq Azeem had issued a press release in this regard. They tried to de-seat me from the National Assembly. But I am not willing to give up. I have checked up on my legal status and found that I am safe and do not fall under the ambit of 63A.
• Accused of being involved in sexual favours for political gains
• Argument with a news reporter
• Leaked audio call
• Accused of mistreating media reporters
• Investigated by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB)
• Trolled for making vain statements about democracy
• Notice issued for serving the post of Federal Ombudsman after completion of tenure
• Accused of mental harrasement
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Khawaja Muhammad Asif (politician) (rumoured)|
|Marriage Date||First Marriage- Not known
Second Marriage- 31 October 2020
|Husband/Spouse||First Husband– Tariq Rashid Khan (former member of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA))
Second Husband– Waqas Khan (businessman and owner of the Best Western Hotel in Islamabad)
|Children||Son– Azlan Khan (with first husband)
|Parents||Father– Name not known
Mother– Farida Khan
|Assets/Properties||• Immovable Property: Rs 11,680,000
• Movable Property: Rs 500,000
• Cash and Deposits in Banks: Rs 10,00,000
• Furniture: Rs 800,000
• Motor Vehicles: Rs 825,000
• Jewellery: Rs 5,20,00,000
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2011. It excludes the assets owned by her husband and dependents (minor). Business Recorder
|Net Worth (approx.)||As of 2011, Kashmala’s net worth is estimated to be Rs 4,82,85,000 Dawn
Note: It excludes the net worth of her husband and dependents (minors).
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kashmala Tariq
- Kashmala Tariq is a Pakistani politician and lawyer. On 27 February 2018, she was appointed as the Federal Ombudsperson for Protection against Harassment of Women at Workplaces in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Kashmala, in 1993, got herself registered as a partner with Mandviwalla & Zafar Advocates, a law firm, in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Kashmala was appointed as the President of the Peoples Students Federation (PSF) in 1993, and she served the post till 1995.
- On 21 November 1996, Kashmala started her law practice with Mandviwalla & Zafar, headed by Senator S.M. Zafar and Syed Ali Zafar respectively.
- Kashmala, from January 1998 to January 1999, served as an associate lawyer at the Bower Cotton, a legal advisory firm in London, England.
- From January 2003 to January 2007, Kashmala was associated as a partner with a corporate & commercial law firm, Khan & Pirzada Law Associates, in Lahore.
- Kashmala served as the Executive Director of the Parliamentarians Commission for Human Rights (PCHR) Pakistan from January 2003 to January 2018.
- Kashmala was appointed as a Convener for the Special Committee for Earthquake 2005 of the National Assembly of Pakistan in 2005.
- On 24 September 2007, Kashmala became the first-ever member of the National Assembly of Pakistan to win a foreign election in New Delhi, India and was appointed as the chairperson of the Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP) group. Formerly, she served as the vice-chairperson of the same group. Kashmala Tariq – LinkedIn
- In January 2008, Kashmala was appointed as the chairperson at the Kashmala Law Associates in Lahore, where she served the post till 2017.
- Kashmala bagged the 9th spot in the list of most glamorous women politicians in the world, a survey conducted by an Indian newspaper, India Today, in 2011. India Today
- In 2014, it was reported that Kashmala Tariq got married to Khawaja Muhammad Asif, a Pakistani politician, who was appointed as the Defence Minister of Pakistan on 19 April 2022. According to some media sources, during a meeting in the National Assembly, Asif was congratulated by some members on his marriage to Kashmala, and in return, Asif greeted them back with a smile. However, Kashmala and Asif were invited to a political talk show, Capital Talk, hosted by Hamid Mir on Geo News in which Kashmala denied having an affair with Asif and said,
Only people who have a dirty mind, can talk about these things. Negative people try to spread negativity about a woman and blame her character.” Style
- Kashmala was sworn in as the Federal Ombudsman Secretariat for Protection Against Harassment of Women at the Workplaces on 27 February 2018 in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Kashmala Tariq taking oath as the Federal Ombudsperson for Protection against Harassment of Women at the Workplaces on 27 February 2018 in Islamabad, Pakistan
- On 2 February 2021, Kashmala’s car broke the traffic signal on the Srinagar Highway in Islamabad and ran into another car and a motorbike resulting in the fatality of four young men and injuries to two other people. The victim’s family accused Kashmala and her family of escaping from the accident location but Kashmala denied the allegations and claimed that they were present at the site, helped the injured until the ambulance arrived, and even reported at the Ramna police station for further queries and assistance. The victim’s family filed an FIR in which they accused Kashmala’s son, Azlan Khan, of driving the car, which caused the tragic accident. However, Kashmala stated that it was her driver, who was driving the vehicle and went out of control, whereas her son was in a separate car. Dawn In an interview, Kashmala denied the accusations made against her son and said,
This whole matter is being blamed on my son but the driver was unable to control the car. My son’s pictures are being broadcast and shared everywhere when, in fact, he was riding in the car behind us. It was a terrible accident and I feel sadness in my heart for the children who lost their lives. Justice will be served but please don’t unjustly drag anyone’s child into the matter.” Geo TV
- Kashmala served as a member of the Pakistan National Group of Parliamentarians for Global Action and UNAIDS Pakistan’s Special Committee.
- Kashmala is actively associated with various social works and extends her support to one in need. Additionally, she served as the General Secretary of an NGO, Social Advancement Towards Humanity.
- Kashmala was associated as a working partner for several human rights organisations like Save the Children UK, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), and International Labour Organization (ILO).
- Kashmala has a pet dog, Duke, and she often posts pictures of her pet on various social media handles.
Kashmala Tariq with her pet dog Duke
- In December 2022, multiple old phone recordings between Imran Khan and Ayla Malik surfaced online in which the duo were heard having obscene conversations. Imran and Ayla, in the audio tape, referred to Kashmala as “Kinky Kashmala.” Meanwhile, Ayla curiously asked Imran about his affair with Kashmala to which Imran revealed that Kashmala was romantically interested in him.
|↑1||Kashmala Khan – Instagram|
|↑2||Kashmala Khan – Facebook|
|↑3||Kashmala Tariq – LinkedIn|
|↑6||az22able – YouTube|
|↑8||Times of Islamabad|
|↑10||Talk SHOCK – YouTube|
|↑13||Kashmala Tariq – LinkedIn|