Age: 39 Years Marital Status: Married Wife: Supreetha Shetty
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 177 cm
in meters– 1.77 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 90 kg
in pounds– 198 lbs
|Debut||Kannada Film: Jugaari (2010)
Malayalam Film: Ajayante Randam Moshanam (2023)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Won
• Best Actor in a Negative Role at South Indian International Movie Award 2022 for the film “Hero” (2021)
• ‘Chittara Star Award’ for Outstanding Achievement in Kannada Film Industry in 2022
• ‘Chanakya Award’ for Communicator of the Year in 2022
• SIIMA Award for Best Villian in September 2022
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Kundapura, Udupi, Karnataka|
|College/University||Vijaya College (earlier known as BHS First Grade college), Jayanagar, Bengaluru.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||December 2010|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pramod Shetty
- Pramod Shetty is an Indian actor known for his work in Kannada films. In September 2022, he was presented with the SIIMA award for Best Villian for his performance in the film “Hero.”
- He wanted to become a racer since he was a child. In an interview, he revealed that the learned to drive when he was eight years old.
- Pramod Shetty used to participate in theatrical production in his college days, and since then, he made up his mind to make his career in acting.
- The actor made his television debut in 2006 and has worked in more than 60 television serials.
- After making his Kannada debut with the film “Jugaari,” he appeared in many films in a supporting role, however, people started recognizing him after his performance in the film “Ulidavaru Kandante” (2014) as Dinesha.
Parmod Shetty (right) in a still from the film ‘Ulidavaru Kandante’
- In the film “Katha Sangama,” Shetty also worked as a supporting actor and co-producer.
- The actor played his first lead role and first lead antagonist role in the film “Ondu Shikariya Kathe” (2020) and “Hero” (2021) respectively.
Poster of the film ‘Ondu Shikariya Kathe’
- In 2022, Parmod Shetty appeared in the Kannada blockbuster film “Kantara.”
Poster of the film ‘Kantara’
- He made his Malayalam debut with the film “Ajayante Randam Moshanam” in 2023.
- Some other notable films of Pramod Shetty include “Kirik Party” (2016), “Sarkaari Hiriya Praathamika Shaale, Kaasaragodu, Koduge: Raamanna Rai” (2018), “Bell Bottom” (2018), “Avane Srimannarayana” (2019), and “Harikathe Alla Girikathe” (2022).
- The actor wanted to work in films in different languages, but due to some date issues, he couldn’t do so. After his film “Avan Srimannarayana” in which he played the role of Tukaram, was dubbed in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Hindi, he considered that his dream of working in films in different languages came true. While talking about this in an interview, he said,
I did get offers in Tamil and Telugu films, but I had to give them up because of date issues. Today, I am not feeling sorry about that, because I am spreading my wings with an ambitious project, which is releasing in all south Indian languages as well as Hindi.” The New Indian Express
|↑1||The New Indian Express|