Age: 36 Years
Husband: Umesh Kamat
Hometown: Dadar, Mumbai
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-26-34|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
Film (Hindi ; As a child artist): Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar (2000) as young Ramabai Ambedkar
Film (Marathi ; As an actor): Me Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy (2009) as Shashikala Bhosale
TV (Marathi ; As an actor): Shubham Karoti (2010) as Kimaya on Zee Marathi
Singer: Song named ‘Golu-polu’ from the Marathi film Vazandar (2016)
|Awards and Nomination||
• 2013: Best Actress for the Marathi film Kaksparsh at Screen Awards
Priya Bapat with her Best Actress award for the Marathi film Kaksparsh
• 2013: Best Actress for the Marathi film Kaksparsh at Zee Gaurav Awards
|Date of Birth||18 September 1986|
|Age (as of 2022)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Dadar, Mumbai, India|
|School||Balmohan Vidyamandir School, Mumbai|
|College/University||•Sophia Polytechnic College, Mumbai
•University of Mumbai Priya Bapat – Facebook
|Educational Qualification||• A bachelor’s of art degree in economics
• A master’s degree in mass communication The Times of India
|Hobbies||Travelling and reading books|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||6 October 2011|
|Husband/Spouse||Umesh Kamat (actor) (m. 2011-present)|
Father– Sharad Bapat
Mother– Smita Bapat
|Sibling||Sister– Shweta Bapat (costume designer)|
|Food||Ukdiche Modak, Puran poli, and Varan bhaat|
|Fruit(s)||Apple, Watermelon , and Mango|
|Holiday Destination(s)||Belgium and Germany|
|Restaurant||Le Cafe in Chembur|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Priya Bapat
- Priya Bapat is an Indian actress, model, anchor, and singer who primarily works in Marathi language films and television shows. She is known for her appearance in the Marathi films Kaksparsh (2013) as Uma, Aamhi Doghi (2018) as Saavi, and the Hindi web series ‘City of Dreams’ Season 2 (2021) as Poornima Rao Gaikwad on Disney+ Hotstar.
Priya Bapat in a still from the Hindi web series City of Dreams Season 2
- Priya is trained in Indian classical music. She has received professional training from Shubhada Dadarkar, and she attended Shivaji Park Vidyalaya to train in Indian classical music. In an interview, talking about her interest in music, she said,
Honestly, as a child I wanted to dance but it was mum who enrolled me in a singing class. It was her dream that I learn classical music. I trained in Hindustani music along with a harmonium as it was the rule in the class. I continued learning till standard eight and also appeared for an entry level exam. But later, I shifted to light music such as Bhakti geet and natya sangeet because I got bored of aalaps, I wanted to sing words.” Hindustan Times
- Priya appeared as an anchor in various Marathi television reality shows like Kids World (2001) on Alpha TV Marathi, Alpha Features (2002) on Alpha TV Marathi, Goodmorning Maharashtra (2009) on Zee Marathi, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Season 10 (2011) on Zee Marathi, and Aamhi Travelkar (2014), 1st Marathi International Travel Reality Show on Star Pravah.
Poster of Priya Bapat’s reality show Aamhi Travelkar (2014)
- Priya Bapat appeared in a few Marathi television shows like Abhalmaya (2002) on Alpha TV Marathi as Monee, Adhuri Ek Kahani (2007) on Zee Marathi as Arpita, and Shubham Karoti (2010) on Zee Marathi as Kimaya.
Priya Bapat in a still from the Marathi television show Adhuri Ek Kahani
- In 2011, Priya along with her husband, Umesh Kamat, appeared in the Marathi play ‘Nava Gadi Nava Raajya,’ which was based on the life of a couple after marriage.
- In 2013, Priya appeared in the Marathi film ‘Time Please’ along with her husband in which she played the role of Amruta Sane.
Poster of the Marathi film Time Please
- Priya has appeared in a few Marathi films like Aandhali Koshimbir (2014) as Manju, Happy Journey (2014) as Janaki, Timepass 2 (2015) as Prajakta Lele, and Vazandar (2016) as Pooja.
Priya Bapat in a still from the Marathi film Vazandar (2016)
- Priya Bapat was offered to play one of the hockey players in the Bollywood film ‘Chak De India,’ but she refused the offer because the scheduled dates of the shoot were clashing with her final year examination dates. In an interview, she talked about refusing the film and said,
I don’t regret refusing ‘Chak De India’ because when the film was offered to me I was studying and my studies were my priority. I used to do acting for fun.” The Times of India
- Priya appeared in a cameo role in the Bollywood films Munna Bhai M.B.B.S (2003) and Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006).
Priya Bapat in a still from the Bollywood film Munna Bhai M.B.B.S
- Priya Bapat has walked the ramp for a few designers like Shruti Mangaaysh and Archana Kochhar at Pune Times Fashion Week.
Priya Bapat walked the ramp for designer Archana Kochhar at Pune Times Fashion Week 2018
- Priya is a fitness enthusiast, and she often shares her workout regime on social media.
Priya Bapat at the gym
- Priya has appeared in a few commercials for brands like Bisleri, Hagya Masala, Bharat Matrimony, Ram Bandhu Masala, Parsik Bank, Sunfeast Marie Light, Phillips, Whisper Ultra, Sunsilk Shampoo, Canara Bank, and Yellow Diamond.
- Priya Bapat featured in season 1 (2019) and season 2 (2020) of the Marathi web series ‘Aani Kay Hava’ as Jui on MX Player along with her husband Umesh Kamat.
- Priya appeared in a few videos like ‘Husband, Wife & Lockdown’ (2020) and ‘Husband, Wife & New Year Resolutions’ (2021) on Bharatiya Digital Party, a Marathi channel on YouTube.
- In 2021, Priya collaborated with her elder sister Shweta Bapat, a costume designer, and launched a traditional Indian clothing venture called ‘Sawenchi.’ In an interview, she talked about her clothing brand and said,
I’d always wanted to start a venture like this but I’d never thought I would do it so soon. We are starting with saris for now and these will be an extension of my style as well- earthy and elegant. The designs will be ours and the execution will be done by the weavers from different parts of the country, including Jaipur, Maheshwar, Indore, Kutch and Hyderabad. The Times of India
- In March 2022, Priya appeared in one of the episodes of the web series Khud Ke Liye titled ‘Pehchaan’ on YouTube.
- Priya has appeared on the cover of a few magazines like Citadel and Perfect Woman.
Priya Bapat on the cover of Citadel magazine
Priya Bapat on the cover of Perfect Woman magazine
|↑1||Priya Bapat – Facebook|
|↑2||The Times of India|
|↑4||The Times of India|
|↑5||The Times of India|