Shakti Arora is an Indian television actor. She is known for playing the role of Karan Luthra in the Hindi television show Kundali Bhagya (2022).
Shakti Arora was born on Friday, 16 May 1986 (age 36 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Tauras. He pursued a Bachelor of Commerce degree in travel & tourism at Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai. Thereafter, he joined Kishor Namit acting classes. Shakti Arora was fascinated by acting since childhood. In an interview, while recalling his childhood days Shakti Arora shared,
I remember, how as a child, I was fascinated by the aura of filmstars. That’s when I wanted to be famous too. I remember telling myself, ‘pata nahi kitne papad belne padenge’. I was in showbiz initially only for the fame, and that’s when my auditions failed miserably. From then on I realised that I have to develop a deeper passion for acting.
Shakti Arora’s childhood image
Height (approx.): 5′ 11′
Weight (approx.): 78 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14″
Shakti Arora belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Shakti Arora’s father’s name is Naresh Kumar. Shakti Arora’s mother, Renu Arora is a Doctor. Shakti Arora has two sisters and both of the are doctors.
Shakti Arora with his family
Wife & Children
On 6 April 2018, Shakti Arora got married to his longtime girlfriend Neha Saxena who is an actress and nutritionist. In 2010, Shakti Arora met Neha Saxena on the sets of Tere Liye. When they first met, they found each other rude and avoided interacting; however, after long hours of shooting, they started talking to each other and slowly developed a close bond.
Shakti Arora and Neha Saxena’s wedding picture
Shakti Arora was in a relationship with Neha Saxena before getting married to her.
Shakti Arora follows Hinduism.
In 2006, Shakti Arora made his debut with the episodic television show Ssshhhh…Phir Koi Hai. In 2009, he appeared in the Hindi television show Baa Bahoo Aur Baby in which he played the role of Jigar Thakkar. Subsequently, he appeared in various other television shows like Tere Liye (2010), Pavitra Rishta, MTV Webbed (2013), Mer Aashiqui Tum Se Hi (2014), Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya (2014), and Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka (2018). In 2022, Shakti Arora appeared in the Hindi television show Kundali Bhagya in which he played the role of Karan Luthra. In an interview, he talked about his show and said,
I feel incredibly blessed to be a part of such a popular show on TV, a show that the public adores and appreciates so much. I have worked with Zee TV in the past as well, so it is like a homecoming for me. Having been away from TV for nearly 3 years, I am really eager to get started. I hope I can live up to the expectations and responsibilities that come with stepping into a show as popular as Kundali Bhagya. My character, Arjun, has some grey shades and he is someone who wants to create trouble for Preeta and the Luthra.”
Shakti Arora in Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi (2014)
Shakti Arora in Kundali Bhagya (2022)
Television Reality Shows
In 2014, Shakti Arora participated in the dancing reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 7. He has made his appearance in various reality shows like Science With Brain Cafe (2013), Nach Baliye 7 (2015), Comedy Nights Bachao (2016) and Kitchen Champion 5 (2019).
Shakti Arora in Science With Brain Cafe (2013)
In 2018, Shakti Arora was heavily trolled over his illicit relationship in the television show Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka. According to the viewers, the family television show promoted extramarital affairs. Shakti received criticism from the audience for playing such a role, and some even threatened to stop watching the television programme.
- 2014: Nominated for Indian Television Academy Awards as Performer of the Year – Male for the television show Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi (2015)
- 2015: Nominated for Indian Telly Awards as Best On-Screen Couple and Best Actor in Lead Role for the television show Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi (2015)
- 2015: Won Indian Television Academy Awards as Youth Icon of the Year for the television show Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi (2015)
- 2015: Won Times of India Film Awards for Most Popular Star of the Year for the Hindi television show Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi (2015)
Shakti Arora’s Times of India Films Award
- Food: Butter Chicken and Dahi Chicken
- Book: The Power by Rhonda Byrne
- Destination: Andaman& Nicobar Islands, Fiji and Greece
- Before venturing into the entertainment industry, Shakti Arora worked in a travel agency. Shakti Arora also worked in a call centre.
- In 2018, Shakti Arora appeared in an Indonesian film titled ‘Arwah Tumbal Nyai: Part Arwah‘ in which he played the role of Shakti.
Shakti Arora in Arwah Tumbal Nyai: Part Arwah (2018)
- In an interview, Shakti Arora shared that the first film he did was It’s a Man’s World; however, the film was never released.
- In an interview, Shakti Arora shared one of his rumours and said that an online portal alleged him as gay because of his role in the film “Man’s World.”
- In an interview, he said that his mother wanted him to join any medical profession. He quoted,
Born in Mumbai, I did my graduation from NM College in Vile Parle. For me, acting was not a planned profession, but I am in this field because of my passion. Since my mother is a doctor, she had planned to get me in the medical profession too. I always had the feeling to become an actor and get into films. But, since getting into films involve a lot of trouble, I opted out of getting into the medium.
- Shakti Arora’s Maternal Grandfather, Chandrashekhar, was a Bollywood Veteran actor. He has appeared in more than 250 films. Chandrashekhar passed away on 16 June 2021. In an interview, Shakti Arora talked about his maternal grandfather and said,
He wanted me to complete my MBA and take up a job in the corporate world. But, somehow, I was inclined towards acting and later when he saw my TV show, Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi, he felt proud. My grandfather was not very educated but he was very well-informed. He could recite interesting shayaris and I having spent good times with him, which are now beautiful memories to cherish.”
Shakti Arora with his grandfather
- He is the digital manager of The Good Talent Network. Good Talent Network is an internet platform which provides various courses for content creators.
- According to Shakti Arora, the most memorable moment of his life is when he bought a Honda City and a flat with his own money.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
Shakti Arora with his wife