Shruti Das is an Indian actress, theatre artist, and model who is known for her appearance in the Bengali film X=Prem as Joyee (2022) and Imtiaz Ali‘s web series Dr Arora on SonyLiv as Putul (2022).
Shruti Das was born on 21 September in Kolkata. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She completed her schooling at Hariyana Vidya Mandir, Kolkata. Shruti holds a master’s degree in theatre direction from Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata, West Bengal.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 33-26-34
Shruti Das belongs to a Bengali family. There is not much information available about her parents.
In June 2022, Shruti made her debut with the Bengali-language science fiction film X=Prem as Joyee, which is directed by Srijit Mukherji.
In an interview, Shruti talked about her role in her debut film and said,
I essay the character of Joyee, a computer engineer. This film is a coming-of-age musical romance drama that will tell the story of four different individuals and how they are connected with each other. Working under the guidance of Srijit Da in my first film was a dream come true. I have learned a lot from him. Thank god, I never got any scolding from him during the shoot, rather it was fun working with Srijit da.”
In 2020, Shruti appeared in the web series Happily Ever After on MX Player as Surbhi.
Poster of Shruti Das’ debut web series Happily Ever After
In 2022, she played the role of Putul in Imtiaz Ali’s web series Dr Arora on SonyLIV.
Shruti Das in a still from Imitiaz Ali’s web series Dr Arora
Shruti Das is a theatre artist and has performed in various plays like Shaljam, Mombatti Ke Aansu, Guldasta, etc.
Shruti Das in a still from her play Shaljam
Shruti Das in a still from her play Mombatti Ke Aansu
Shruti Das has appeared in a few commercials for popular brands like Malabar Gold & Diamonds, Bajaj Air Cooler, Fortune Soybean Oil, Pantaloons, and Oppo Mobiles.
- Shruti has a pet dog, Tintin, and a cat, Miguel.
Shruti Das with her pet cat Miguel
Shruti Das with her pet dog Tintin
- Shruti is a fitness enthusiast, and she often shares her workout regime on social media.
Shruti Das during her workout session
- Shruti is trained in Odissi, a form of Indian classical dance.
Shruti Das performing Odissi dance
- She is fond of exploring new places, gardening, and reading books. Some of her favourite books include Milk and Honey by Canadian author Rupi Kaur, Where Stories Gather by Indian author Karuna Ezara Parikh, and Half a Rupee Stories by Indian author Gulzar.
- Since childhood, Shruti was interested in painting, and she often shares pictures of her paintings on social media.
Shruti Das’ Instagram post in which she shared a painting made by her
- Shruti is often spotted drinking alcohol with friends at parties and events.
Shruti Das holding a glass of wine
- In 2016, Shruti moved to Dubai for better work opportunities and resided there for around two and a half years. She came back to Mumbai in 2019.