Death Date: 14/11/2022 Age: 75 Years Death Cause: Internal Bleeding
|Profession||Theatre Artist, Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (half bald)|
|Debut||Film: Gandhi (1982) as Goonda|
|Date of Birth||Year 1947|
|Date of Death||14 November 2022|
|Place of Death||His home in Vile Parle East, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Age (at the time of death)||75 Years|
|Death Cause||Internal Bleeding Tezz Buzz|
|Religion||Hinduism DNA India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
• Hrishikesh Shende
• Omkar Shende (Chief Product Officer at Cactus Global and works for Sr. VP and Head Product, Digital Business at Sony Pictures Networks India)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunil Shende
- Sunil Shende was an Indian theatre artist and film & TV actor, who was known for playing the role of Babuji in the Hindi TV series ‘Circus’ (1989).
- In the late 1980s, he acted in the Hindi films like ‘Halla Gulla’ (1988), ‘Eeshwar’ (1989), and ‘Bhrashtachar’ (1989).
- In 1989, he appeared in the DD National popular TV serial ‘Circus.’ He played the role of Shah Rukh Khan‘s father.
A still of Sunil Shende from the TV serial Circus
- In the 1990s, he appeared in many Hindi films such as ‘Narasimha’ (1991), ‘Hasti’ (1983), ‘Khalnayak’ (1993), and ‘Yeshwant’ (1997). Some of his other popular Hindi films are ‘Sarfarosh’ (1999), ‘Vaastav: The Reality’ (1999), and ‘Zameen’ (2003).
Sunil Shende in Sarfarosh
- He acted in various Marathi films like ‘Nivdung’ (1989),’ Jasa Baap Tashi Pora’ (1991), ‘Madhurchandrachi Raatra’ (1989), and ‘Mohityanchi Renuka’ (2006). Some of his other Marathi films are ‘Rang Premacha’ (1999), ‘Sawaal Majha Premacha’ (2005), and ‘Bahiru Pehlwan Ki Jai Ho’ (2010).
- Sunil appeared in a few Hindi TV serials like ‘Shanti’ (1994; Hindi) and ‘Chehra’ (2009; Hindi).
- He also acted in Marathi serials like ‘Mrunmayi,’ Gahire Paani.’
Sunil Shende in Mrunmayi
- Sunil Shende performed in various Hindi and Marathi theatre plays.
- On 14 November 2022, at around 1 pm, he started feeling dizzy at his home in Mumbai. On the same day, his daughter-in-law Julie Shinde confirmed the news of his demise and shared that Sunil died of internal bleeding. DNA India Later, his last rites were performed at the Hindu crematorium in Parshiwada, Mumbai. On Sunil’s demise, the Indian actor Rajesh Tailang took to Twitter to express his grief.
Great actor and and a great human being …Shri Sunil Shende is no more.I was fortunate enough to get a chance to work with him in the serial Shanti, I played his son. Babuji saadar shraddhanjali 💐🙏 pic.twitter.com/Blt1bDOtB0
— Rajesh Tailang (@rajeshtailang) November 14, 2022
|↑2, ↑3||DNA India|