Girlfriend: Palak Khimavat Hometown: South Borivali, Mumbai Age: 29 Years
|Profession(s)||Actor, Comedian, Content Creator, YouTuber, Social Media Influencer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Debut||Web Series (Actor): ‘2By3’ in the episode ‘Humse Na Ho Paayega’ (2017) as Veer uploaded on YouTube channel Dice Media
FIlm (Actor): Govinda Naam Mera as Baldev Chaddha aka Ballu
|Date of Birth||Year, 1993|
|Age (as of 2022)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||South Borivali, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Hometown||South Borivali, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|College/University||• Abhinav Hi-Tech College of Engineering, Mumbai
• A college in Mumbai (dropped out)
• Thakur College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai
• NMIMS, Mumbai (dropped out) YouTube – Digital Commentary
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Thakur College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai YouTube – TEDx Talks|
|Ethnicity||Gujarati Facebook – Humans of Bombay|
|Food Habit||Eggetarian Instagram – Viraj Ghelani|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||His parents are teachers in school.|
|Siblings||Brother– Jayraj Ghelani (professional footballer)|
|Content Creator(s)||Key, Peele|
|WWE Wrestler||Randy Orton|
|IPL Team||Mumbai Indians|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Viraj Ghelani
- Viraj Ghelani is an Indian actor, comedian, content creator, YouTuber, and social media influencer. He has appeared in many popular videos on the YouTube channels Dice Media, Gobble, and FilterCopy.
- While he was studying in school, he was not good at his studies, and for it, he was even expelled from his school.
- When Viraj was studying at Thakur College of Science and Commerce in Mumbai, he performed a comic act in one of the events, in which he played the role of Dolly Bindra, an ex-Bigg Boss contestant. The audience present there applauded his performance. He then started performing acts and hosting shows at various events organised in his college.
Viraj Ghelani performing at his college’s event
- He then dropped out of NMIMS, Mumbai as he realised that he was not meant for engineering. He then did a few corporate jobs in HR and sales.
- While doing corporate jobs, he realised that he wanted to make his career in the entertainment industry. He then auditioned at various film production houses but got rejected.
- Viraj then started making comic videos on his Snapchat account, and gradually, his videos started getting viral. He got a boost in his career after the online portal BuzzFeed published an article ‘Top 20 Indians on Snapchat You Should Follow’ in which they included Viraj’s name.
- Viraj then started sharing his portfolio with the team of digital platforms like TVF and FilterCopy. Later, someone from the team of FilterCopy contacted Viraj and offered him a job. Viraj agreed to it and started managing the Snapchat account of FilterCopy. He got a salary of Rs 16000-Rs 17000 pm for his job.
- He then started working as a content creator for the YouTube channels FilterCopy and its sister concerns Dice Media and Gobble.
- Viraj has also worked as a content creator at the Indian media company Pocket Aces Pictures Pvt. Ltd.
- He started making comic videos on the online video-creating app Dubsmash in 2015.
- In 2016, he worked in the Hindi digital series ‘Little Things’ as an assistant art director.
- He has also acted in Dice Media’s various web series like ‘Adulting’ (2018) ‘Fairy Lights’ (2019), ‘What the Folks’ (2019), and ‘Firsts’ (2020).
- He appeared in the Hindi short film ‘The Test’ in 2019.
- In the same year, he was featured in the Hindi music video ‘thank u (pls)’ by Avanti Nagral.
A still of Viraj Ghelani from the music video thank u pls
- He was invited as a guest in the digital talk show ‘Trending Talents’ in 2019.
- He has also started his merchandise clothing website Creative Ideas Store.
Viraj Ghelani’s Creative Ideas Store
- In 2019, he bought a Hyundai car. He gifted the car to his mother.
Viraj Ghelani with his car
- In 2020, Viraj, along with other Indian content creators, was featured in the Hindi music video ‘The Lockdown Rap.’
The Lockdown Rap
- He has worked in collaboration with various brands like FBB, MX player, Tinder, and Hotstar.
- On 16 November 2020, he started his YouTube channel ‘That’s So Viraj. He uploads sketch videos, podcasts, informative content, and comic videos on his channel. Earlier, he used to upload videos on YouTube with the name ‘Fifty Shades Of Ghe’ in which Ghe meant Ghelani. He has also uploaded a few YouTube videos with his maternal grandmother Bhanuben Thakkar, which gained immense popularity.
- Some of his other YouTube videos are ‘Things Gujju Moms Say’ (2020), ‘Fancy Restaurants Are The Worst’ (2021), ‘Me And My Gym Buddy’ (2022), and ‘Koffee With KJO – Writers Room’ (2022).
‘Fancy Restaurants Are The Worst’ (2021)
- Viraj Ghelani is a dog lover and has uploaded a few pictures of him with dogs on his Instagram account.
Viraj Ghelani with a dog
- In 2020, he appeared as a guest speaker at TEDx Talks BITS in Goa.
Viraj Ghelani in TEDx Talks
- Viraj has also received many awards for his comic videos. In 2022, he received The Entertainer of the Year Award (2022) by Exhibit Magazine.
Viraj Ghelani holding his award
- In 2022, he was listed in India’s Top 100 Digital Stars by Forbes. He was ranked no. 26 on the list. Forbes India
|↑1||YouTube – Digital Commentary|
|↑2||YouTube – TEDx Talks|
|↑3||Facebook – Humans of Bombay|
|↑4||Instagram – Viraj Ghelani|