Age: 45 Years Hometown: Karachi, Pakistan Husband: Syed Ali Bux Shah Aka Pappoo Shah
|Full name||Bibi Yasmeen Shah Dawn|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||• Pakistan Muslim League- Q (PML-Q)
• Pakistan Muslim League-Functional (PML-F)
• Pakistan People’s Party (PPP)
|Political Journey||• Joined the Pakistan Muslim League- Q (PML-Q) party in 2002
• Served as a Member of the Senate of Pakistan (2002-2008)
• Contested the 2008 Pakistani general elections and lost to Fahmida Mirza from Constituency NA-225 (Badin-cum-Tando Muhammad Khan-II) as a candidate of the PML-Q party
• Re-contested the 2013 Pakistani general elections and lost to Fahmida Mirza from Constituency NA-225 (Badin-cum-Tando Muhammad Khan-II) as a candidate of the PML-F party
• Joined the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) in 2015
|Date of Birth||20 June 1978 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|College/University||• Mehran University of Engineering and Technology
• The University of Karachi in Sindh, Pakistan. Bibi Yasmeen Shah – Facebook
|Educational Qualification||Yasmeen holds a Bachelor degree in Arts|
|Religion||Islam Bibi Yasmeen Shah – Facebook|
|Controversy||Convicted of possessing a fake graduation degree
In 2007, a petition was filed with the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) against Yasmeen Shah, and her husband, Syed Ali Bux Shah for submitting fake graduation degrees during filing the nomination for the Senate elections in 2002 by Fahmida Mirza, a Pakistani politician and the woman Speaker of the National Assembly of Pakistan, and her husband, Zulfiqar Mirza. The ECP found Yasmeen guilty in November 2017 of possessing and furnishing a fake Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree during the time she was appointed as the senator in 2002. Consequently, her membership was nullified, and she was ordered to reimburse the monetary perks provided to her during her tenure as a member of the Upper House of Parliament. Later, the case was referred to the Badin District and Sessions Court for trial. Yasmeen denied the allegations made against her of submitting a fake graduation degree and requested the court to restore her Senate membership. On 29 March 2018, the Badin District and Sessions Court ordered the re-verification of her graduate degree and allowed her to contest the 2018 Pakistani general elections. On 17 February 2021, District and Session judge Farooq Abbasi found Yasmeen guilty of allegedly having a fake degree and sentenced her to two-year imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 50000.
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Syed Ali Bux Shah aka Pappoo Shah (politician)|
|Other Relative||Father-in-law– Syed Abdul Rasool Shah|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yasmeen Shah
- Yasmeen Shah is a Pakistani politician who made headlines in February 2021 after she was convicted of submitting a fake graduation degree during filing the nomination for senate elections in 2002 and consequently was sentenced to two-year imprisonment.
- Yasmeen’s husband, Syed Ali Bux Shah, was a former provincial minister of Badin district in Sindh, Pakistan.
- In December 2022, multiple old phone recordings between Imran Khan and Ayla Malik, indicating their sexual relationship, surfaced on social media in which they were heard having an indecent and smutty conversation regarding Yasmeen Shah, and his husband, Syed Ali Bux Shah.
|↑2||Bibi Yasmeen Shah – Facebook|
|↑3||Bibi Yasmeen Shah – Facebook|