No matter how much one would disagree with their mother, but Mother’s Day is an annual reminder of all that they do selflessly for us. From being our first teache, to being the first person we go to when things go wrong, to being our emotional support and source of unconditional love– mothers are all this and much more. This year, Mother’s Day will be celebrated on May 8, 2022 (Sunday).
With Mother’s Day being just around the corner, here we share some wishes, messages, quotes, images which you can send to your mother and make her feel special. You can also share the below mentioned Facebook and Whatsapp status on this special day. Read on!
Wishes, Messages, Facebook & Whatsapp status:
1. While each day is Mother’s Day, here’s wishing you on this special day! To Mom, with love– from your favorite kid.
2. I am lucky to inherit your eyes and your impeccable sense of humour. And I hope, I also get your lie-detector super-powers too! Happy Mother’s Day!
3. I may not have expressed myself often, but I feel I’m the luckiest [son/ daughter/ child] in this world to have you as my mother! Here’s wishing you a very happy Mother’s Day!
4. I am sorry to drive you crazy at times, but that’s because I love you! Here’s wishing you lots of love and happiness on your special day! Happy Mother’s Day!
5. To my mom, my best-friend, my guiding angel. Happy Mother’s Day, mom!
6. Mummy, you sacrificed so much just so I could be raised well. And today, I want you to know that I can see all that you have done for me so unconditionally. Thank you so much for always being my pillar of strength. Happy Mother’s Day to you!
7. On this special day, I wish to tell you how much I love you! Thank you for always being there for me. Happy Mother’s Day, Ma!
8. Here’s wishing you a joyous, calm and fun-filled Mother’s Day. You deserve to be celebrated and pampered, not just today but everyday. Happy Mother’s Day, Ma!
9. Thank you for all that you have ever done for me– for every hug, encouragement, and unconditional love and support you’ve given me. Happy Mother’s Day, Ma!
10. Happy Mother’s Day, mom! Thank you for always being my supporter and a shining example of how to be the best in everything I do! Thank you for being the best Ma in the whole world!
11. Happiness is to see your mother smile. Though we might be miles apart, but here I am wishing you a happy Mother’s Day! And I hope this message brings a huge smile on your face today!
12. I may not have said this often but I feel I’m so lucky to have you as my mother! Here’s wishing you a day full of happiness and joy! Happy Mother’s Day, Ma!
Quotes related to Mother’s Day:
1. “We are born of love; Love is our mother.”
2. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
– Abraham Lincoln
3. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.”
– Jodi Picoult
4. “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.”
– William Makepeace Thackeray
5. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.”
– George Eliot
6. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.”
– Mitch Albom
7. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there”
– Robert Browning
8. “A mother is a mother still, The holiest thing alive”
— Samuel Taylor Coleridge
9. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them”
– Victor Hugo
10. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness”
– Honore de Balzac
11. “Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me.”
— Lady Gaga
12. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.”
— Michael Jordan
13. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.”
— Rudyard Kipling
14. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.”
— Princess Diana
15. “Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.”
— Emily Dickinson
16. “I’ve got her spirit/
She’s always got my back/
When I look at her/
I think, I want to be just like that.”
– Lauren Alaina
17. “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?”
– Mahatma Gandhi
18. “The biggest adjustment is I just didn’t know there was that much room in a house for that much joy. I have to say it—I didn’t know I could feel like this but I am tired, I am so happy!”
– Lauryn Hill
19. “My mother is so full of joy and life. I am her child. And that is better than being the child of anyone else in the world.”
– Maya Angelou
20. “I realized why I was born and more than anything all of the things I want to pass onto my child, and the best way of doing that is not by preaching or telling her but showing her by example.”
(All images: Canva)