Husband: Partho Paul
|Agnimitra Roy (before marriage)
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Bharatiya Janata Party
|• Joined BJP in 2019 and became the President of BJP Mahila Morcha, West Bengal.
• In 2021, she became the Member of Legislative Assembly as the BJP candidate from Asansol Dakshin Vidhan Sabha, West Bengal.
|Year of Birth
|Age (as of 2022)
|Asansol, Paschim Bardhaman
|Asansol, Paschim Bardhaman
|Loreto Convent school, Asansol
|• Asansol Girls’ College, Asansol
• Banwarilal Bhalotia College, Asansol
• Jadavpur University, Kolkata
• Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences
|Master’s degree in Botany
|• Agnimitra raised a complaint of being molested and physically abused: In September 2019, she filed a complaint for being molested and physically adused by a crowd of students. She said the crowed of students torn her cloths and attacked her modesty at the Jadavpur University in Kolkata, West Bengal. She filed a police complaint and said,
While we were about to enter the venue of the program, a section of the rowdy crowd physically blocked our passage. They started shouting slogans. Gradually, the crowd claiming to be students of the university became violent and started physical abuse, assault, abusive language, and moral mayhem.’ News 18
|Relationships & More
|Partho Paul (Businessman)
|Son– Vighnesh Paul
|Father– Dr. Ashok Roy (pediatrician)
• Cash amounting to Rs. 53,000
• Bank deposits amounting to Rs. 51,84,228
• Bonds amounting to Rs. 6,37,900
• Investments in insurance policies amounting to Rs. 17,00,000
• Gold jewellery worth Rs. 36,76,070 My Neta
• Residential building worth Rs. 1,28,75,026 My Neta
Loans worth Rs. 1,17,00,000 My Neta
|Net Worth (approx.)
|1.24 Crore My Neta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Agnimitra Paul
- Agnimitra Paul is a former fashion designer and Indian politician who is the president of BJP’s Mahila Morcha, West Bengal. She began her career as a fashion designer and designed costumes for various Tamil films.
In 1992, she met Partho Paul, for the first time when he visited her father for some official work. At that time, Partho had just joined his family business and worked at Palson Drugs & Chemical Industries. On their first meeting, they instantly liked each other and soon began dating. She talked about how they fell for each other and said,
I first met Partho in 1992 when he’d visited my father on some official work. Our first impressions? My dad liked him instantly, my mother was a bit wary, and I thought he was an extremely genuine chap. I had just completed Class 12 then, with dreams of clearing the JEE and becoming a doctor. But they say when love comes calling, all else pales in comparison.’ The Telegraph
- Agnimitra wanted to become a doctor since childhood. He worked hard to realize this dream and for two consecutive years, she appeared for JEE exam. When she was not able to make it beyond the waiting list, her parents donated money to a medical college in Bangalore to secure her admission. She went to the medical college in Banglore to pursue her dream but returned a week after as her boyfriend Partho created a fuss about it.
- She used to exchange romantic cards with Partho when she was in a relationship with him. Later, she followed her heart and married Paul who is now the Executive director of Palson Drugs & Chemical Industries, a pharmaceutical company. After marriage, she pursued a fashion designing course at BILAMS when she was studying for her Masters’s degree in Botany. The Telegraph
- While pursuing the course in Fashion Designing, she developed a strong interest in this field and decided to pursue her career as a fashion designer. This time her husband supported her and she commenced her career in fashion designing by working at various fashion houses. She is the first working woman in her family. In an interview, she thanked her husband and said,
Who would have thought that a few hours every morning at BILAMS would make me embrace fashion design with such commitment! And this time around, Partho did not stand in my way. I was the first woman of the family to start working and I’m really very grateful to my husband and in-laws for their support and encouragement.’ The Telegraph
- In 1996, she started working with famous designers like Ritu Beri and earned about Rs. 2,500 every month. She continued working like this for five years and collected initial funding to commence her own store.
Later, she brought up her own fashion retail label named Inga. Her fashion store is at 13, Palit St, Garcha, Ballygunge in Kolkata. Whats hot
Agnimitra at her designing studio
She designed costumes for various Tamil films like Hungama and Bidhatar Lekha which were directed by Swapan Saha and Raja Mukherjee respectively. In 2001, she designed costumes for Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe which was a Bollywood film starring Shridevi. Rediff
Agnimitra with Shridevi and Hema Malini at the launch of Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe
- While working as a Fashion Designer, she was actively involved in offering support for social causes such as providing aid for acid attack survivors and helping visually challenged people.
In March 2019, she became a politician and joined BJP. She always admired P.M. Narendra Modi and in an interview she said,
It is because of Narendra Modi that I joined the party. I admire him; I am a big fan and would be happy to work under his leadership. I have joined BJP for him, nobody else and nothing more. I like his speeches, policies and the kind of work that he has done for the country. Because of his international policies, India is in a very strong position.’ Aaj Ki Khabar
Agnimitra Paul met Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a political event
- In 2019, she was also elected as the president of BJP Mahila Morcha, West Bengal. After being elected as the president of Mahila Morcha, she came up with ‘Uma’, a training workshop for women which taught self-defense to females across 23 districts of West Bengal.
In 2021, she contested the Legislative Assembly election from Asansol Dakshin Vidhan Sabha in West Bengal. She won the election against Sayani Ghosh who was a congress candidate by 1800 votes.
Agnimitra Paul giving a speech when she contested Legislative Assembly elections as a BJP candidate
- As of 2022, she has five cases pending pertaining to various sections of the Indian Panel Code. From these, she has four charges as per IPC section 506 for punishment in the matter of criminal intimidation. She has a charge for using a dangerous weapon for hurting somebody as per section 324 of IPC and for causing grievous hurt as per IPC Section 325. This is followed by seventeen charges as per various IPC sections. MyNeta
|↑2, ↑3, ↑4, ↑5
|↑6, ↑7, ↑8
|Aaj Ki Khabar