Anusree Wiki, Age, Family, Biography & More
Anusree is an Indian actress who appears in Malayalam films. She made her debut in the Malayalam film industry with Lal Jose’s directorial Diamond Necklace (2012).
Anusree Nair was born on Wednesday, 24 October 1990 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Kamukumchery village in Pathanapuram of Kollam district in Kerala, India. She completed her schooling at the Indira Gandhi Memorial Vocational Higher Secondary School, Manjakala, Kollam, and she holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics . Anusree made her debut in the Malayalam film industry with Lal Jose’s 2012 directorial Diamond Necklace and established herself among the top actresses in the Malayalam film industry.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black (dyed Brown)
Eye Colour: Black
Anusree comes from a Malayali family in Kamukumchery village of Pathanapuram of Kollam district, Kerala.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Muraleedharan Pillai, was a clerk at the Kerala Water Authority; her mother, Shobhana, is a housewife.
Anusree’s elder brother, Anoob Murali, is married to Athira Anoob; they have a son.
Anusree with her brother and his wife
Husband & Children
Anusree is unmarried.
Anusree impressed veteran director Lal Jose, who was judging the acting reality show, Vivel Active Fair Big Break, in which she was a contestant. She was cast as ‘Kalamandalam Rajasree’ in Lal Jose’s Malayalam romantic drama ‘Diamond Necklace’, released in 2012, starring Fahadh Faasil, marking her debut in the Malayalam film industry. She was cast as ‘Sreelakshmi’ in the 2013 Salam Bappu’s Malayalam-thriller ‘Red Wine’, starring Mohanlal, Fahadh Faasil and Asif Ali. In 2014, Anusree was cast as the lead heroine in the Malayalam fantasy comedy ‘Ithihasa’; she played the role of Janaki, a conservative software professional who gets trapped in a man’s body. Anusree won numerous awards and critical appreciation for her performance as Janaki. She played the ‘ACP Ganga’ in Priyadarshan’s crime-thriller, Oppam (2016), with Mohanlal playing the lead role; it was a blockbuster. Anusree was cast in the 2015- Malayalam romantic fantasy comedy Chandrettan Evideya, and her portrayal as Sushama was widely applauded by critics and the public. She was cast as ‘Soumya’ in the 2016 Malayalam comedy-drama Maheshinte Prathikaaram, starring Fahadh Faasil.
Anusree was a contestant in the 2011 Vivel Active Fair Big Break, an acting reality show, which was, televised on Surya TV. Lal Jose, a veteran Malayalam director, was impressed by her skills and promised he would cast her in his next directorial. In 2015, Anusree appeared as a judge in Asianet channel’s comedy reality show, Comedy Stars Season 2; In 2022, she returned to Comedy Stars Season 3 and made an appearance as a judge. Anusree was part of the Malayalam series Ennum Sammatham (2022), aired on Mazhavil Manorama. She had participated in the infotainment program Myg Flowers Oru Kodi, telecasted by Flowers TV.
- 2012: Asiavision Awards – Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Diamond Necklace
- 2013: Indian Movie Awards Qatar (IMAQ) – Second Best Actress: Diamond Necklace
- Media Fest Awards: Best New Face: Diamond Necklace
- 2014: Ramu Karyat Awards – Special Performance – Actress: Ithihasa
- 2015: South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA) – Best Actress (Critics): Ithihasa
- 2015: SICA Awards – Best Actress: Ithihasa
- 2015: Asianet Comedy Awards – Best Actress: Chandrettan Evideya
- 2018: 3rd Anand TV film awards – Special Jury: Oru Cinemakkaran
- 2019: Kerala Film Critics Association Awards – Best Actress: Aadhi, Aanakkallan
Vanitha Film Awards
- 2017: Most Popular Actress: Maheshinte Prathikaaram
- 2020: Best Supporting Actress: Prathi Poovankozhi
Asianet Film Awards
- 2017: Best Character Actress (Maheshinte Prathikaaram)
- 2018: Best Character Actress (Aadhi)
- In an interview, she revealed that she has no political affiliation.
- She was nominated for the Best Female Debutante award at the 2nd SIIMA Awards for her role as Kalamandalam Rajasree in Diamond Necklace.
- She was nominated for the Best Character Actress award at the Asianet Film Awards and the 62nd Filmfare Awards South (Best Actress – Malayalam) for her performance as Janaki in the 2014 Malayalam film Ithihasa.
- Anusree was the winner of the 2011 acting reality show, Vivel Active Fair Big Break; the winner was to be cast as the lead heroine of veteran Malayalam director Lal Jose’s Tamil film, which was scheduled to begin after the reality show was finished. But somehow, the film was dropped, and Lal Jose, who had already promised Anusree a role in his next movie, cast her in his Malayalam romantic drama, Diamond Necklace, and introduced her to the Malayalam film industry.
- In a 2016 Facebook post, Anusree shared her experience at a coffee shop at Thiruvananthapuram airport. She added a picture of the bill amounting to Rs 680 for one black tea, one black coffee and two chicken puffs; she shared her disbelief and requested the intervention of authorities while subtly trolling the sale of exorbitantly priced snacks. Her post went viral, and the State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) asked the officials to conduct an inquiry against the restaurant mentioned in the Facebook post. ((The Hindu)
- She has multiple tattoos, including a ‘Love with Music’ tattoo on her right hand and a butterflies tattoo on her left hand.
Anusree’s hand tattoos