Religion: Christianity Hometown: Sugar Land, Texas Husband: Jimmy Mathew
|Juli Anna Thomas Facebook- Juli Anna (Thomas)
|Judge of the Fort Bend County Court at Law No 3 in Texas, US
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth
|Vennikulam, Thiruvalla, Kerala
|Sugar Land, Texas
|St. Thomas English Medium U.P School in Vennikulam, Kerala
|• Penn State University, Pennsylvania, US
• Delaware Law School, Delaware, US
• The University of Leiden, The Netherlands
|• A bachelor’s degree in administration of justice/sociology at Penn State University, Pennsylvania, US
• A Juris Doctor (JD) degree from Delaware Law School, Delaware, US
• Studied Dutch Criminal Justice System at the University of Leiden, The Netherlands LinkedIn
Note: A Saint Thomas Christian, she used to visit Mar Thoma Syrian Church during her childhood in Kerala. American Kahani Facebook – Juli Mathew
|She was born into a Malayali Christian family hailing from Thiruvalla, Kerala. American Kahani Facebook – Juli Mathew
|Non-vegetarian Facebook – Thomas Daniel
|Relationships & More
Note: Juli A Mathew was married before Jimmy Mathew whom she divorced when she was 25. She has a daughter, Aleena, from her first husband.
|Daughter(s)– Aleena (from her first husband), Ava and Sofia (from her marriage to Jimmy Mathew)
Stepdaughter-Name Not Known (a half-white girl who lives in England)
|Father– Thomas Daniel (pharmacist)
Mother– Susamma John Thomas (nurse)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Juli A Mathew
- Juli A Mathew is an Indian-American politician of the Democratic party who was re-elected as a Judge for Number 3 of the Fort Bend County Court at Law in Texas in November 2022.
- She spent her early childhood in Vennikulam, Kerala, India and moved to Pennsylvania, US in 1986. In the 70s, her mother, a nurse in India, moved to Pennsylvania due to a shortage of qualified nurses there. Later, Mathew and her father followed.
Childhood picture of Juli A Mathew (standing in front)
- She completed high school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- During their initial days in the US, her businessman father ran into legal problems due to which the family faced a lot of difficulties. Watching her parents struggle to resolve their legal issues pushed Juli to pursue a career in Law. She talked about the same in an interview and said,
My Dad encountered various issues with his business partner, who was of Indian descent and had attended law school in the US. Although he wasn’t a licensed attorney, my parents were always fearful of him. He constantly bullied and threatened my parents with one thing or another. Once he pulled all of the funds from the business account with no notice and having done no work. He pulled the money just before the franchise fees were due and I saw my parents scramble to pay the fees and all of the bills. I saw the nightmare that it created for my parents. The desire to become a lawyer was birthed out of that experience.”
- In an Instagram post, Juli recalled her initial days in the US when her worked as an RN on a drug rehab floor of Kensington Hospital. The post read,
Growing up in the 90’s, I remember her coming home reaking of cigarette smoke because all the patients smoked on the floor. It was not an easy job and I’m thankful for everything you have done for me.”
- She started her career in August 2006 when she joined Hosto Buchan Prater & Lawrence as a Creditor Rights Litigation Attorney in Houston, Texas. After working as a Creditor Rights Litigation Associate at Wolpoff & Abramson from July 2007 to July 2009, she joined Brachfeld Law Group as an In-House Counsel/Compliance Attorney in January 2010. She worked as a Litigation Associate at Regent from 2011 to 2012. She practised as an independent lawyer for the next two years. She was an Attorney at O’Connor and Associates from August 2014 to May 2015 and joined Zwicker & Associates, P.C. as an Attorney in July 2015; she worked there till December 2018.
- She served as an Associate Municipal Judge of Arcola, Texas from September 2017 to December 2018.
- In November 2018, she contested and won the general election for Fort Bend County Court at Law No. 3 in Texas, defeating the Republican Party candidate Tricia Krenek. She is the first Asian American woman to be elected to the bench. American Kahani
Judge Juli Mathew’ as a Judge of the Fort Bend County Court at Law No 3
- Juli Mathew was re-elected as a judge of the Fort Bend County Court at Law No 3 on 8 November 2022, defeating the Republican Party candidate Andrew Dornburg. Her swearing-in ceremony as a judge for the second consecutive term was held in Kasaragod, Kerala at her husband’s native house. Via video-conferencing, she took the oath before the district judge Christian Becerra by placing her left hand on the Bible, which her husband held in his palms.
Juli A Mathew swearing in as a judge of the Fort Bend County Court at Law No 3 via video-conferencing from Kasaragod in Kerala, India, by placing her left hand on the Bible, held by her husband, Jimmy Mathew, on 3 January 2023
- She is occasionally spotted enjoying alcoholic beverages with her friends and family.
Juli A Mathew enjoying a glass of alcoholic beverage with her husband
- She is the founder of Juvenile Intervention and Mental Health Court and introduced many projects serving residents of Fort Bend efficiently. She launched the Kitchen to the Courthouse program for high school girls in conjunction with Chef Roshini Guarani and the India Culture Center in which she educated young girls by introducing them to influential females in various industries. She is also a founding member of the Lone Star Exchange Club.
|Facebook- Juli Anna (Thomas)
|Facebook – Juli Mathew
|Facebook – Juli Mathew
|Facebook – Thomas Daniel