Lukman Avaran Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Changaramkulam, Malappuram, Kerala Age: 33 Wife: Jumaima
|Other name(s)||• Lukman Awaran India Today
• Lukman Lukku The Times of India
|Known for||Playing the role of Vinay Dasan in the Malayalam film Operation Java (2021)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Debut||Film (Bengali; as a supporting actor): Khondo Golpo 1971 (2011)
Film (Malayalam; as a supporting actor): Dayom Panthrandum (2014) as Red
|Date of Birth||22 May 1990 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Changaramkulam, Malappuram, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Changaramkulam, Malappuram, Kerala, India|
|College/University||Royal College of Engineering and Technology, Thrissur district, Kerala|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Technology in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Royal College of Engineering and Technology – Facebook|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||20 February 2022|
|Marriage Place||Panthavoor, Malappuram, Kerala|
|Siblings||Lukman has four siblings; one older than him and three younger than him|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lukman Avaran
- Lukman Avaran is an Indian actor who predominantly works in Malayalam films. He shot to fame in 2021 for his performance in the Malayalam film Operation Java in which he played the role of Vinay Dasan.
- Lukman belongs to a conservative Muslim family.
Childhood picture of Lukman Avaran (left) along with his friends
- Lukman’s debut film, Khondo Golpo 1971, directed by Badrul Anam Saud, premiered at the ‘Bangladesh War of Liberation in Celluloid Festival’ in Kolkatta.
- In 2015, Lukman appeared in the Malayalam film KL 10 Patthu in which he played the role of Nasarullah.
- In 2019, Lukman received appreciation for his performance in the Malayalam film Unda in which he played the role of Biju Kumar.
Lukman Avaran as Biju Kumar in a still from the Malayalam film Unda (2019)
- In 2022, Lukman played the role of Jamshi in the Malayalam film Thallumaala. In the same year, he acted in a few Malayalam films like Naradan as Amos, Theerppu as Chandrabhanu, and Saudi Vellakka as Abhilash Sashidharan.
Lukman Avaran as Jamshi in a still from the Malayalam film Thallumaala (2022)
- Lukman is fond of travelling and exploring new places.
- While auditioning for his role in the film Dayom Panthand, Lukman was specified with the condition that if he managed to bring a car of his own he would be cast in the film as the character he auditioned for needed a car. Therefore, Lukman rented a car for a month and learnt to drive in about two weeks.
- In 2016, Lukman was a cinematographer for the English film From Freetown TL.
- Lukman actively participates and lends his support to various social causes and charitable work. When the first lockdown was imposed amid COVID-19 in March 2020, Lukman distributed food kits, medicine, and other basic amenities to the people in need.
Lukman (left) while working for a social cause amid Covid-19 (2020) to provide basic amenities to people in need
- Despite participating in school and college stage plays, Lukman never thought of pursuing a career as an actor. However, out of nowhere, Lukman decided to give an audition after he got to know about a filmmaker from Kozhikode, who was taking auditions and was in search of a fresh face for one of his films.
- Lukman left his home in Malappuram and shifted to Kochi to give auditions for films and explore professional acting opportunities. However, to fulfil his daily expenses, he worked at the call centre and at the medical shops.
- In an interview, Lukman, despite having successful films to his credit, talked about his insecurities as an actor due to the factors of instability and inconsistency in the Malayalam film industry and said,
Even now I am tensed—despite Java becoming a hit. Cinema is only for winners. I feel no one stands with the losers. I might even go to the Gulf tomorrow. It is unpredictable despite having four films up for release. There is no guarantee for anyone. It’s easier to detach yourself from the success and failures of a film.”
- Lukman’s Malayalam film, Saudi Vellakka, premiered at the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa, where he was felicitated by the jury members for his performance in the film.
Lukman Avaran felicitated by the jury members for his performance in the Malayalam film Saudi Vellakka at the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa
- In an interview, Lukman stated that Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vijay Sethupathi, and Will Smith are one of his favourite actors.
- Apart from playing the role of Suran in the Malayam film Kakshi: Amminippilla, Lukman rendered his voice to one of the songs in the film.
- In February 2022, Lukman and Jumaima’s marriage pictures went viral all over social media, but Lukman was badly trolled and body shamed for his colour. In an interview, he expressed his resentment over the regressive mentality of trollers for body shaming him because of his colour and said,
The very next day after the wedding, I was busy shooting for the movie ‘Thallumala’. So it was too late to find out about such an incident. Body shaming is a painful thing. Mistakes that are ingrained in people’s minds make them think like this. It will take time to change that. I’m used to joke and laugh like this before. But now I know it’s wrong.”
|↑2||The Times of India|
|↑3||Royal College of Engineering and Technology – Facebook|