Narottam Mishra Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Gayatri Mishra Hometown: Gwalior Age: 62 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey||Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA)
• In 1977-78, he started his political journey with the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and Bharatiya Jana Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
• In 1990, he won the Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly elections from the Dabra constituency.
• In 1998, he was re-elected from the Dabra constituency.
• Narottam won the 2008 Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly elections from the Datia constituency for the third time.
|Date of Birth||15 April 1960 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|School||Sant Kanwar Ram Higher Secondary School in Gwalior|
|College/University||Jiwaji University in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Commerce degree
• Pursued master’s degree in Hindi at Jiwaji University
• Completed PhD in Hindi Literature at Jiwaji University
|Address||B-6, Char Imli, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Controversies||Narottam Mishra vs Election Commission (EC)
In November 2008, a report was published in some local newspapers including Dainik Bhaskar and Nai Dunia in favour of Narottam Mishra with the headline “toh isiliye sabse alag hai Narottam” (this is why Narottam is different from the others). Later, it was learnt that Narottam Mishra allegedly paid for the news during the election year. According to the Election Commission report, Narottam paid for the news between 8 November 2008 to 27 November 2008 and provided false information about election expenses to the panel. The Election Commission banned Narottam Mishra from contesting elections for three years in June 2017 in consequence of his actions; however, the Delhi High Court gave a clean chit to Narottam Mishra. Following the decision of the Delhi High Court, Election Commission later filed an appeal in the supreme court, but the court did not stay the high court order. Mishra contested and won the 2018 state elections. Newslaundry
Narottam Mishra vs Local Magazine
The magazine’s editor, Vijaya Pathak, in an interview, talked over his statements and allegations against Narottam Mishra and clarified that the decision of publishing a story on Narottam Mishra was taken as he was being highly publicized on news channels for his controversial activities. Vijaya Pathak, in the interview, said,
Narottam Mishra vs Income Tax Department
Narottam Mishra vs Sabyasachi
Narottam Mishra vs Bollywood
|Relationships & More|
• Sukarn Mishra (Politician)
|Parents||Father– Shivdutt Mishra (Doctor and RSS vistarak)|
|Siblings||Brother– Anand Mishra (elder) (ex-registrar of Jiwaji University, Madhya Pradesh)|
• Cash: Rs. 75,000
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 61,14,015
• Insurance Policies (LIC): Rs. 13,59,359
• Motor Vehicles: Rs. 3,00,000
• Jewellery: Rs. 7,85,000
• Other Assets (Revolver Gun): Rs. 75,000
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 3 crores (2017-2018) MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Narottam Mishra
- Narottam Mishra is an Indian Politician who is the incumbent Minister of Home Affairs, Law and Legislative Affairs, Prisons, and Parliamentary Affairs in the Government of Madhya Pradesh. Narottam, a leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), represents the Datia constituency in Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
- According to sources, Narottam, before being a politician, used to take tenders of the municipality’s chungis in districts such as Shivpuri, Guna, and Ashok Nagar in Madhya Pradesh.
- Reportedly, Narottam Mishra’s former personal staff – Virendra Pandey and Nirmal Awasthi – were arrested by the Economic Offence Wing of the Madhya Pradesh police in 2019 for an alleged Rs. 80,000 crores e-tendering scam. According to some reports, the scam consisted of an e-tender floated by the Water Resources Department in 2018.
- According to Ajay Khemaria, a Shivpuri-based independent journalist in Madhya Pradesh, Narottam is the only politician who answers his phone calls by himself and does not let his assistant answer the call and make excuses for his unavailability like other politicians. Newslaundry
- In 2022, Narottam Mishra ordered the removal of Urdu words from the lexicon of the Madhya Pradesh Police to avoid the use of words from the Mughal era. Reportedly, around 350 words like ‘adam pata’ (untraceable), ‘tarmeem’ (amendment), ‘ishtgassa’ (petition), ‘muddayi’ (complainant), ‘istgasa’ (complaint letter), and the fateful ‘dastyab’ would be removed from use. While talking about this in an interview, Mishra said,
The process of changing such words which are not in practice will be started here like in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.” NDTV
|↑3, ↑4, ↑5, ↑6, ↑10||Newslaundry|
|↑7||The Economic Times|