Religion: Muslim Age: 54 Years Marital Status: Unmarried
|Real name||Saima Shah YouTube – HUM News|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-28-38|
|Debut||Film: Jeeva (1995)
TV: Din (1992) on PTV (lead actor)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Award for Best Actress for the film ‘Sangam’ (1997)
• Nigar Award for the film ‘Jannat ki Talash’ (1999)
• Pride of Performance Award by the President of Pakistan (2021)
|Date of Birth||2 October 1968, (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Educational Qualification||She studied till high school.|
|Controversies||• Trolled on social media for throwing plastic bags into the river: Resham was heavily trolled by the netizens after her video went viral on internet in which she was seen throwing plastic bags into the river after feeding bread and meat to fish. The actress later apolozise for her act in an interview and said that she was quite disturb at that time and people should raise the other crucial issues such as rape, rather highlighting her mistake. She said,
I admit to having made a mistake by dumping plastic into the flood water but women are gang raped everyday,” “Violence against women is commonplace, yet, everyone’s blinded by a piece of plastic. They are dwelling in a fool’s paradise. I was merely offering sadqah (charity).” The Express Tribune
• Criticised by Sakina Samo for winning the Pride of Performance Award: In 2021, Resham was honoured with the Pride of Performance Award by the Government of Pakistan. Later, she was criticized for her win by Sakina Samo, who is a Pakistani actress, producer, and director. In an interview, Samo made a derogatory remark over Resham’s win and said,
Resham responded to Samo’s remarks for her and said,
Perhaps I don’t deserve any awards or accolades. However, the point to ponder over here is, do great and senior actors globally give such demeaning remarks towards their juniors? Remarks that belittle and undermine years of struggles and hard work of another actor specially their juniors? Big actors, in their true sense, have big hearts. May God bless her with more awards, but she should reflect upon the fact that but when someone tries to put someone else down, it shows their own caliber and character, not the other person’s.” Daily Jang
• Claimed that her name is used in Reham Khan’s book without permission: In the show ‘One Take Season 2,’ Resham alleged that Reham Khan used her name in her book without her permission. According to Resham, Reham is the worst example of a woman and Jamima is the best one. Both Reham and Jemima Goldsmith are the former wives of Pakistan’s former Prime Minister, Imran Khan. In an interview while talking about this, Resham said,
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Her parents died when she was very young.|
|Siblings||Brother– She had one brother who died in 2020.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Resham
- Resham is a veteran Pakistani actress, model, and humanitarian known for her work in Pakistani films and dramas. She is a recipient of the Pride of Performance Award.
- She was raised by her elder sister, Shamim, after the death of their parents. Her father passed away before she was born and she lost her mother when she was seven years old.
- Resham couldn’t pursue higher studies and started her career in modelling soon after completing her high school studies.
- After making her Lollywood debut with the film ‘Jeeva’ in 1995, she appeared in several hit films like ‘Chor Machaye Shor’ (1996), ‘Sangam’ (1997), ‘Jannat ki Talash’ (1999), ‘Pal Do Pal’ (1999), and ‘Swaarangi’ (2014).
Poster of the film ‘Janat ki Talash’
- Resham acted in more than 15 Pakistani dramas in her career span among which her role as Zainab in the drama ‘Man-O-Salwa’ (2007) and as Aashti in the drama ‘Aashti’ are the most notable ones.
Resham in a still from the drama ‘Man-O-Salwa’
- Her performance in the drama ‘Naagin’ (2017) as Sajna, in ‘Noor Bibi’ (2021) as Noor Bibi, and in ‘Tehra Aangan’ (2021) as Rakhsekamar were immensely appreciated by the audience.
Poster of the drama ‘Noor Bibi’
- Resham often makes huge donations to help the poor and needy people. In 2010, she sent three trucks of basic foodstuff to the flood-affected areas in Pakistan through Express Helpline Trust.
- In 2022, she distributed mineral water, packed milk, and dry fruits to the flood-affected people in Charsadda. She also distributed the cooked rice to more than 2000 people.
- She is often seen preparing food in her garden in large quantities for needy people. In the Icon Interview with Dawn, while talking about this, she said,
I get so much satisfaction from cooking for the people who I know don’t have much to eat. I want to go and cook at holy places, and give to the poor there as well. It is my dream to do so.” Dawn
- In 2011, Resham helped the unemployed artists in Lollywood and some actor’s widows with an amount of Rs 2,000 to Rs 5000 in the month of Ramzaan. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
Rs5,000 is not a huge amount, but at least it will help these artists to survive a few days of Ramazan now, when they do not have any source of earning.” The Express Tribune
- In 2010, Resham took responsibility for an abandoned girl child’s education and living expenses, who was found in front of the hotel of Resham’s sister. In an interview, she made an appeal to her parents to take her daughter back. She said,
I’m handing her over to the Child Protection Bureau but I will bear all the expenses. But if her parents can hear me, my appeal is to take her back since the child is very sad and scared. She is missing her family. If financial problems are the only issue, which is why they left her at the hotel, I promise to bear all the expenditures till the day she is married. I want her to be with her family. I can relate to her feelings since my parents passed away when I was very young. It was my elder sister who raised me after them.” The Express Tribune
- Pakistani singer Ali Zafar is good friends with Resham. She spoke out in support of Ali Zafar when he was alleged by the Pakistani singer Meesha Shafi in case of sexual harassment. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I have known Ali Zafar for 20 years; he is someone who gives a lot of respect to others… who gives respect to women. Ali knows the difference between friendship and harassment. He cannot do such a thing.” Geo News
Resham with Ali Zafar
- Resham chooses her projects very selectively. In an interview, while talking about this, she said,
I do get offered roles frequently, but I will only sign on to a project if I feel that it gives me the right mileage. I have worked very hard to prove my mettle and I deserve to be part of the project’s promotional clips and poster. Otherwise, I’m not interested.”
|↑1||YouTube – HUM News|
|↑2||The Express Tribune|
|↑4||The Express Tribune|
|↑6||The Express Tribune|
|↑7||The Express Tribune|