Suvinder Vicky Height, Age, Family, Biography & More
Age: 49 Years Wife: Gursharan Kaur Maan Hometown: Sirsa, Haryana
|Other Name||Suvinder Pal Vicky Kitab Trinjan – Facebook|
|Known for||Playing the role of Naik Lal Singh in the Bollywood film Kesari, starring Akshay Kumar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 180 cm
in meters– 1.80 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 85 kg
in pounds– 187 lbs
|Debut||TV (Hindi): Full Tension (1995) on DD National
Film (Punjabi): Des Hoyaa Pardes (2004) as Sukhbeer Singh
Film (Hindi): Udta Punjab (2016) as Kakku
Web series Paatal Lok (2020) as Balbir Singh Sekhon on Amazon Prime Video
|Awards||2020: Silver Screen Award for best performance in an Asian feature film for Milestone at the Singapore International Film Festival
2022: Best Actor in a Feature Film Award for Milestone at the Critics’ Choice Film Awards, India
|Date of Birth||4 March 1973 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Sirsa, Haryana, India|
|Hometown||Sirsa, Haryana, India|
|School||DAV Public School, Sector 8, Chandigarh|
|College/University||Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Arts
• Master of Arts degree in Theater and Television Firstpost
|Ethnicity||Punjabi The Tribune|
|Hobbies||Listening to music, playing cricket|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||April 2002|
|Wife/Spouse||Gursharan Kaur Maan (an art teacher and a painter)|
Daughter(s)– 2 (Names not known)
|Parents||Father– Harbans Lal Kamboj
Mother– Amarjit Kaur
|Siblings||Brother– Name not known|
|Actor(s)||Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri, Kay Kay Menon|
|Actress(s)||Smita Patil, Shabana Azmi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suvinder Vicky
- Suvinder Vicky is an Indian actor, who predominantly works in Punjabi films. He gained recognition in 2019 for playing the role of Naik Lal Singh in the Bollywood film Kesari. Suvinder received positive acclaim for playing the role of Sehtab Singh in the web series CAT on Netflix, starring Randeep Hooda.
- During his childhood days, Suvinder developed his interest in acting because in 1980, when he was seven, his father, Harbans Lal Kamboj, got transferred to Chandigarh, where he spent his leisure time acting and directing theatrical productions. Suvinder, in an interview, revealed that during his school days, he acted in his first play, which was Andheri Nagri Chaupat Raja by Bhartendu Harishchandra.
- During his college days, Suvinder desired to become an actor, and he diligently performed in various drama plays, youth festivals, and theatrical productions.
- Initially, after completing his post-graduation, Suvinder started working with the Punjabi television channel Lashkara TV in Chandigarh.
- Suvinder, and his wife Gursharan Kaur Maan, met while completing their post-graduation at the Punjabi University, Patiala.
- In 2001, Suvinder appeared in the Punjabi TV show Professor Money Plant on Zee Alpha Punjabi, and in 2008, he appeared in the Hindi TV show Meet Mila De Rabba (2008) on Sony TV.
- After making his debut with a Punjabi film, Suvinder appeared in a few Punjabi films Munde U.K. De (2009) as Savinderpal Vicky, Kabaddi Ikk Mohabbat (2010) as Daana, and Yaraan Naal Baharaan 2 (2012) as Khaarku Singh.
- In 2015, Suvinder made an impact with his performance in the Punjabi film Chauthi Koot (The Fourth Direction) in which he played the role of Joginder Singh.
Suvinder Vicky as Joginder Singh in a still from the Punjabi film Chauthi Koot (2015)
- Suvinder’s film, Chauthi Koot (The Fourth Direction), became the first Punjabi film, which was screened at the Cannes Film Festival 2015 under the “Un Certain Regard” category. Kitab Trinjan – Facebook
Suvinder Vicky at the Cannes Film Festival 2015 for the premiere of his Punjabi film Chauthi Koot (The Fourth Direction)
- Suvinder came into the limelight in 2019 after he appeared in the Bollywood film Kesari in which he played the role of Naik Lal Singh, starring Akshay Kumar.
- In 2020, Suvinder appeared in the Hindi film Milestone (Meel Patthar) as Ghalib, a truck driver, on Netflix. He was nominated at the FOI Online Awards 2020 for Best Actor in a Leading Role for the film Milestone.
- Suvinder, who played the role of a truck driver, Ghalib, in the Hindi film Milestone, took two-week training from Azhar, a resident of Noida, Uttar Pradesh to learn how to drive a truck and a truck driver’s body language.
- In 2020, Suvinder’s film, Milestone, premiered at the Venice International Film Festival, the Busan International Film Festival, and the Pingyao International Film Festival.
- In December 2022, Suvinder played the role of Sehtab Singh in the Hindi web series CAT on Netflix.
Suvinder Singh (right) as Sehtab Singh in a still from the web series CAT (2022) on Netflix
- Till 2022, Suvinder has appeared in more than 30 Punjabi music videos. The Tribune
- Suvinder is often seen consuming wine with friends at parties and events.
Suvinder Vicky (left) holding a glass of wine
|↑1||Kitab Trinjan – Facebook|
|↑4||Kitab Trinjan – Facebook|