Vijayendra Ghatge Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 52 Years Hometown: Indore Wife: Avantika Ghatge
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||As an actor
• Hindi: Chitchor (1976) as ‘Sunil Kishan’
• Malayalam: Pournami Raavil 3D (1985)
• Marathi: Maza Saubhagya (1994) as ‘Ahant Abhyankar’
• Hollywood: Missione D’Amore (Mission of Love) (1993) as ‘Mansingh’
As a singer
|Award||2017: Facilitated at an event organised by the Bharat Maa Shaheed Samman Trust in association with Verve and Royal Fables|
|Date of Birth||1 January 1970 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||52 Years|
|Hometown||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|College/University||• Daly College in Indore, Madhya Pradesh
• Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics in Mumbai
• Film and Television Institute of India in Pune, Maharashtra
|Educational Qualification||• Pursued a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) degree in Management at Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics
• Completed an acting course at the Film and Television Institute of India
|Address||H. No. 249/15 Nagala Park, Kolhapur, India|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Daughter– Umikaa Ghatge (Freelance Content Writer)|
|Parents||Father– Shrimant Sardar Fatehsinhrao Dattajirao Ghatge
Mother– Sita Raje Ghatge
|Siblings||Sister– Sunanda Ghatge (deceased)|
|Other Relative||Sagarika Ghatge (Actor) – (Niece)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijayendra Ghatge
- Vijayendra Ghatge is an Indian actor who mostly works in the Bollywood film industry. He is recognised for his appearance as Lala Vrishbhan in the television serial Buniyaad (1986) that broadcasted on DD National. His work in films like ‘Chitchor’ (1976), ‘Satte Pe Satta’ (1982), ‘Prem Rog’ (1982), and ‘Devdas’ (2002) are also appreciated.
- Vijayendra Ghatge belongs to a Maratha royal family in Kagal, Maharashtra.
- His mother, Sita Raje Ghatge, is the daughter of Maharaja Tukojirao Holkar III of Indore, and his father, Shrimant Sardar Fatehsinhrao Dattajirao Ghatge, traces his roots to a family that ruled the Kagal dynasty before India’s independence.
- Belonging to a Maratha royal family, he was given the title of Shrimant and is also called Shrimant Sardar Vijayendra Ghatge.
- According to sources, Ghatge started modelling in college and got opportunities to collaborate with some brands; Vijayendra worked as a model for various brands including Wills, Erasmic Super Silver, and suiting brands.
- He walked the ramp for one of the pioneering live fashion events of the seventies, The Terene Mega Fashion Festival.
- As per some sources, Vijayendra was crowned as the ‘Sea Lord’ at the Naval Ball held at the United Services Club in Mumbai.
- Reportedly, Vijayendra Ghatge is often mistakenly recognised as actor Sagarika Ghatge‘s uncle.
- Vijayenda, along with Ranjeeta Kaur and Mithun Chakraborty, was featured on the cover of Stardust magazine in 1979.
Vijayendra Ghatge (left), Ranjeeta Kaur (centre), and Mithun Chakraborty (right) on the cover of Stardust magazine